Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a 2003 650 until 2 yeas ago crashed it. but yesterday i got a 2005 650 same color i noticed it has a deg in the clock that switches when pushing the min button cool item. also i noticed in the trip a and b i see miles per gallon. cool item how accurate is that feature? is the speedo more accurate on the newer bike? and it has next to the key a switch that says open close. i don't remember on the 03 what that said. don't remember using it back then. this bike has 21k on it so what should i be looking for in maintenance. i will change all fluids this winter. oil, coolant,final drive lube, maybe even front shock oil. it has a new rear tire 50% on the front yet.

i would also like to know what radio that mounts somewhere on the bars most use? and speakers in that same area? i plan on installing a jack for the helmet speakers but would still like mounted speakers for time i may want to ride with no helmet. new Michigan law. thanks for the help. it has been awhile since i have visited

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Congratulations on being back in the fold.
The speedo consistently exaggerates the speed by 10% throughout the range, just as always.
The odo is about right.
The mpg gauge is pessimistic.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
corvairbob said:
I would also like to know what radio that mounts somewhere on the bars most use? and speakers in that same area? i plan on installing a jack for the helmet speakers but would still like mounted speakers for time i may want to ride with no helmet. new Michigan law.
The radio package that you may have seen before can be found at
http://www.rvtoys.net
Look under Products..go to the second page.
I have this package installed on my '05-400.....it was installed in August of '05.
The speakers supplied with the package are my FRONT speakers,
& the speaker wires for the REAR speakers are connected to a audio plug,
that is the connection for my helmet speakers.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Don't bother with the mpg trip. Fill-up and zero trip A every 150 miles. If you want accurate speedo readings fit a SpeedoHealer and adjust any error to suit your satnav - my speedo was reading 8.1% high and is now very accurate.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
corvairbob said:
i had a 2003 650 until 2 yeas ago crashed it. but yesterday i got a 2005 650 same color i noticed it has a deg in the clock that switches when pushing the min button cool item.
Sorry to hear about the '03, congrats on the new to you '05. :thumbup: The ambient temp was added in '05.

corvairbob said:
also i noticed in the trip a and b i see miles per gallon. cool item how accurate is that feature?
this feature was also added in '05. It typically reads2-4 mpg lower than calculating it out.

corvairbob said:
is the speedo more accurate on the newer bike?
No it's not. :(

corvairbob said:
and it has next to the key a switch that says open close. i don't remember on the 03 what that said. don't remember using it back then.
The lock cylinder shutter was there on the '03 also.

corvairbob said:
this bike has 21k on it so what should i be looking for in maintenance. i will change all fluids this winter. oil, coolant,final drive lube, maybe even front shock oil. it has a new rear tire 50% on the front yet.
Whenever I buy something used I always like to change everything out so I know it's all good. I'd check valve clearance and spark plugs also.

peelbrow said:
Don't bother with the mpg trip. Fill-up and zero trip A every 150 miles. If you want accurate speedo readings fit a SpeedoHealer and adjust any error to suit your satnav - my speedo was reading 8.1% high and is now very accurate.
I also fill up every 150 miles. Keep in mind adjusting the speedo to be accurate with the speedo healer will cause the odometers to read 6-8%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts