Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I am a new here and trying to fix burgman 650. Well the crankshaft is frozen so I got another engine . the numbers are same: old engine P506 (104929) new engine P506 (170494). The problem is that after removing the cvt transmision from the frozen engine the input shaft is way smaller than the hole on the new engine, the output side is OK , am I missing something? I got the Burgman as nonrunner and cant find any info about the cvt. Thank you for help.

·
Premium Member
14,202 Posts
You just need the correct primary input shaft adapter. Use the one that matches the year model of the engine. 2003 and 2004 use one adapter and 2005+ models use a different one. On this link you can find the CVT fiche and it will show the correct part numbers for the different adapters. 2003 Suzuki Burgman (AN650) OEM Parts, Babbitts Online

·
Administrator
18,190 Posts
Jiri, Hello and welcome to the forums. Looks like you are in Slovakia so English may be a problem so I hope I can help.

It sounds like the old frozen engine was a 2005 or newer 650 with the input adapter on the left side with a long bolt. The replacement engine in a 2002-2004 and it has a different Adapter that is bolted on the right side with a short bolt. I am posting two pictures for you.

2002 Primary.JPG 2005 Primary.jpg

·
Administrator
18,190 Posts
Now if we are correct, you have a 2002-2004 Burgman 650 engine so there is a fix from Sokolniki, Belarus. Just 825 km's from you.
Go to Ebay and search for "Burgman 650 Diesel Noise" and it should come up with the new adapter you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now if we are correct, you have a 2002-2004 Burgman 650 engine so there is a fix from Sokolniki, Belarus. Just 825 km's from you.
Go to Ebay and search for "Burgman 650 Diesel Noise" and it should come up with the new adapter you need.
OK so what is the next step? Is it a straightforward job? I am asking because on ebay it is not very well explained. Price is high but according to you there is no other way to fix it

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have a 2006 engine with a 2014 CVT. They were a straight swap. As said you have an earlier version so you have little choice but to buy the parts to make them work together.

·
Premium Member
14,202 Posts
There is a difference in the 2002-2004 engine. The output gear that the adapter fits in has a different inside diameter. You can use the later model CVT but you must use the early model adapter. It is just a matter of bolting the adapter to the CVT and torquing it to spec.

If you use the OEM adapter you must bolt it to the CVT before you bolt the CVT to the engine. I believe if you buy the modified adapter Dave-J mentioned you will need to bolt it to the CVT after you bolt the CVT to the engine but I'm not going to guarantee that as I have not used one of those adapters.

·
Administrator
18,190 Posts
Jiri, if you did not get the CVT with the new replacement engine then yes you must find a 2002-2004 adapter. A factory one will work if you can find a good one. The Ebay one is a much better upgrade.

diff_btw_k4k5.gif K3k4-K5 differences.jpg Diesel or Not.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts