Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a non-executive 2007 AN650. When I look on Partzilla, there are a number of suffixes attached to the AN650 number. I have tried to search the forum for some explanation and have learned the K7 stands for 2007, which makes sense. But I can find no info about what the AK7 means. I am wondering if perhaps it could mean Executive.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Suzuki use “A” to denote ABS equipped version.
So that’s probably all the supplier is using it for.

The exec would be “Z” or “ZA” same as my 400 - A for ABS and Z for “all factory farkles fitted”.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Our 08 Executive is a AN650A, there is no "Z" in the model anywhere and I didn't think the AN650 Base model was available with ABS. But I could be wrong. All I know is our Scoot has no "Z" anywhere on the bike or paper work.

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
The Z did not make it to USA. No heated seats or grips in USA till later years.

We got the base AN650 and Exec AN650A .

Base model did not get any Exec items till around 2015 when they dropped the Exec's.

(See post below.... I am not always 100% right. Now forget I said that)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Actually that would be 2013, 2014, AND 2015... during which years there was no Executive model but these all have the features of the previous model years Executive. In 2016 and onward the standard model was dropped and only the Executive model was offered with all features of previous models plus heated seat and grips.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Indeed @rjs987

All I know is our Scoot has no "Z" anywhere on the bike or paper work.
Sorry, yes, your original ABS model had extra farkles and became the exec.

My 400 ZA doesn’t have a Z on the bike or paperwork either. The “friendly name“ badge on the bike says “limited” for “limited edition” just as the exec badge says ”Executive”
But the internal factory code isn’t on there.

Although some dealers and brochures listed the ZA as a “400 executive” so these things are a little haphazard once you get to the marketing department :)

Once a model becomes the base model there is no need to differentiate it - The 400 ABS dropped the A on later models because it’s just repeating info in the year designation (but the A still appears on some materials.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Actually our 08 is the Executive Model with ABS. No heated grips though, guess that came later on the Exec.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts