Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi toall
Just joined have been reading this site with avid interest.been riding for decades,now own BURGER 650 Pity more bikes arent made like this.About to take it for its 4000 miles service.Can anybody tell me if the DIESELING noise at idling speed is something i should mention to the dealer the warranty runs out on it in 3 months time, or am i safe to let it go for now.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Gary and welcome to the board :wave: Glad you finally made your presence known.
Others have had the diesel repair done only for it to return. The option is entirely yours. I for one am going to live with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi gary i just had mine done and do not know if it is going to return and i really don't care, as it does add something to the bike, but i had mine fixed just in case it leads to a bigger prolbem, the bike has not been around long enough to know if it will , but at least i can go back to the dealer and say you said you fixed it . i have 27000 km on mine already and when they took the little gear out it was worn so it can only say the gear that it runs on must also be worn but it was still in the bike and i could not see it .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reply to ALLWALK

Hi Allan
Thanks for the welcome,I will take your advice and leave well alone.Im sure if there was any major problems it would of surfaced by now.My model was first registered in September 2002 when they were first avaliable in England.Now i have a link to you all i will keep in touch with riding info where possible ok

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doug

HI Doug
Thanks for the reply,you certainly have covered a lot more miles (OOPS SORRY) i mean kms. You see i was brought up on IMPERIAL scales and allways work stuff out in inches,feet,yards,furlongs,miles,etc.It may be off interest to alot of members of my recent calculations when trying several types of riding to get an estimate of mpg.Constant Urban Riding 45MPG 50%Urban Riding 50%Countryside Riding IE-50 TO 80MPH =53MPG Constant Countryside Riding =58MPG So i hope this helps some riders get an idea what can be achieved.Sorry Doug if im using this reply to ramble on a bit , but thats about it for now . :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Gary:

Odd coincidence: I'm getting almost exactly the same mileage here in southern Arizona with totally different climate and altitude (5,500 feet, almost no humidity, scant annual rainfall). My neighbor, who lives on a ranch two miles down a dirt road, does, at times achieve 60 mpg. Once he gets off the dirt road onto the tarmac it's pretty much all rural, long stretches, no stops.

Apparently the Burgman's ECU copes quite well with diversity.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:newb: Hi Ted,I think also the fuel injection seems more frugal to the engine if you travel at constant higher speeds than stop start lower speeds.Unlike non-fuel injected engines that i have owned that seem to stay at roughly the same m.p.g. around town and country riding , as long of course as you dont hold the throttle open all the time .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts