Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what is the problem. I started my trip on the 7/16/15 from Rockport, TX to Gaspe, Quebec Canada not home yet. Did not take my laptop with me this time now at my daughter home out side of Waco, TX to used the computer to get on the site. The problem was the 09 650 start out everything smooth OK for first 2 days when I started into the Tail of Dragon during all the brake and started throttling up the into the ride I notice the diesel sound . The BM seem to handle the whole trip no problem only thing it bother me is when I crank up the engine the diesel sound very loud up to the speed I wanted then crank back throttle a bit then the sound kind of quite down a lot some time not at all. It is some kind problem the bike still plenty of power by the way I have to filled up engine oil 2 times may be a pint each.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I think what you describe here is advanced ignition not the (legendary) diesel sound that comes from the transmission as you think. This will happen when engine is really hot or by using bad fuel.
If the coolant is still the original one then you should replace it as soon as possible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hussein I think my coolant is original. Bad fuel may be in Canada I did fill up gas at some small town the pump it's look like back in the 70'. I will do that when I get home Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts