Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, let me thank each and every one of you for your feedback and help on my questions about the burgman. I have to make a decision about keeping it or not this morning and here is my position about the deal:

-Salesman promised a deal he could not deliver.

-He rushed the paperwork and there were errors.

-He charged me for the extended warranties without my confirmation hoping I would just take them.

-He said he was not making any money on the deal without the warranties.

-The deposit receipt he gave me was from another dealer because he is a new dealer which I only found out because of the name on the receipt.

To sum it up, all these things have left a bad taste in my mouth and as much as I want to keep this bike, I don't know if I will. If I do, you will know soon. If I don't, this will be my last post and whatever happens, the avatar issue will be solved also whether it be because of my cancelling my membership here or because of me posting a new one with my burgman if I keep it.

Lastly, for those who thought I was a poop starter and thought I was trying to stir up controversy with my typing style & my avatar choice, how so wrong you were. I came here to get info and give info and I had a little fun along the way. Whatever happens, it has been interesting and helpful.

STAY TUNED, THE SAGA & CONTROVERSIAL AVATAR ENDS TODAY.......

·
Registered
201 Posts
Whatever your decision, we are happy to have you here as part of this worldwide family of Burgman owners (or soon-to-be owners).

I'm sure that your common sense will prevail with this situation of yours. As for the dealer, personally I would report him to the BBB for unfair trade practices. My .02

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I for one would miss you if you left. Consider carefully and even if you decide to return the bike, don't cancel your membership here, please. If some don't like your avatar or your posting style, then they don't have to read your posts. It's just like the TV & radio, if you don't like what you're seeing/hearing, then change the channel or turn it off.

I am by no means trying to offend anyone, nor am I trying to stir anything up. I haven't been aware of any controversy until this morning. I am simply supporting LIGHTSKIN523 in her right to express herself as she sees fit.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wyldman & Prico,

It's people like you who would make me wanna stay here. Thanks for those very supportive words. I appreciate you taking the time to post those sentiments.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
The whole thing sounds kind of shady to me. Usually when you sign a contract, you go by what is listed on it. Do you have a copy of the papers? Is there a number for the finance company you could call?
What would upset me is the adding on of warranty that you did not request. I would make him take the warranty off. $69 a month or $99 a month, it's 30 bucks and I would pay either one. It would all depend on how well you liked the bike. Is there another dealer you can do business with or is this one the only one close by?
Good luck with whatever you decide. The scooter is fun to ride and will bring lots of smiles. No scooter = depression. I know. :(

edited due to my spelling. :oops:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Pinwheel,

The warranties were taken off immediately after I told him I didn't want them. What happened was I got an approved Suzuki credit card account thru HSBC bank. He charged the credit card $9000 and then he credited $1300 back minus the warranties. I just didn't appreciate him doing that. And when a salesman says he is not making any money on the deal, that always raises a red flag. Still deciding. The only reason I am dealing with him is that he was the only dealer who could get me an '04 black one & that's what I wanted. Even if I return this one, I might have to get over the color and buy a 2005 in silver or blue and paint it later. I'll know in a couple hours......

Thanks for the advice though

Hey what happened to my avatar????????????????????
OK who cut me off???

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Pinwheel said:
The whole thing sounds kind of shady to me.
:(
Pinwheel -- I know this isn't what you meant but what sounds shady to me is all these posts on the same subject ! There are now 3 different threads she's started, all about the same thing ... keep the bike or not. I believe 2 of the threads were started today.

Lightskin,
With all due respect, what is with all this ? You are obviously a very intelligent person, yet, why do you keep posting this nonsense ? Keep the bike, don't keep it, ----whatever, just do it. Stop creating new threads about it.

Asking for advice or opinions is fine but not asking over and over and over again. See a lawyer if you want legal advice. Laws differ from state to state so, no one here is really going to be able to guide you. In fact, I am a lawyer in NJ and I wouldn't dream of giving legal advice to someone in Michigan. Some of what's been written here by members sounds good but is just not legally true, at least in NJ.

Also, you say you want to stay and get advice and give advice. Again, with all due respect, you've had the scoot quite a few days now and according to one of your posts, you have a total of 10 miles on it. Maybe you've been riding a long time and have a lot of advice to offer, I really don't know but from some of the questions you've asked, I doubt it. But, either way, how about knocking off all the nonsense and posting just looking for attention.

I hope you keep the scoot and stay on the list. You are surely an interesting person and you will liven up the group.

Just my .02

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Jerseybiker,

Isn't this forum for helping each other, pre-sale & post sale??? Why label my posts as nonsense. And why even bother to comment or read my posts if u have such a negative opinion of me as a member? Is this affecting your life so bad that you have to attack my posts like that?

I'm glad everyone else is helpful & understand why I'm asking advice frequently.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I have to agree with Doc here.
Your avoidance of direct questions aimed solely at helping you (to use feedback from you with the intention of elaborating and taking point by point with the thought of helping you make the decision you asked for help making), the fact you selectively address parts of posts and seemingly disregard other parts, address some posts and disregard the rest, and the fact you've not mentioned hardly anything about whether you like the 650 you put 10 miles on or specifically what you like or don't like about it and considering you originally felt you were getting a good deal (based on the majority of responses).
You ask Doc if it's a forum to help others yet at almost every turn of the thread you've changed the topic from interactive to confrontational. I can certainly see why Doc comes to the conclusions he has (as I share his opinion of 'what is this?').
I'm not going to go back and find the original threads or count how many said what but it seems like you are asking over and over until someone says something you wanted to hear and instead of going with that you branch off onto some other problematic-tangent.
I, too, hope you keep the bike. I really love mine and I imagine you would love yours as well. From what you've said though, it seems that messing with this salesman (who apparently has done quite a bit to get you that bike - and I'm sure he's making something on doing so, and rightly so) has taken a priority over having the bike. :roll:
I also hope you use the forums here for assistanceand contribute when you can as well. The folks here give their opinions (mostly from direct experience) freely with no thought of getting anything in return. I respect that a great deal and respect them for going above the majority of folks who would not help others if there isn;t something in it for them. I also graciously accept those opinions I solicited even if i disagree with them.
I hope you make your decision and I hope you are happy with it for a very long time.
Enjoy! :)

ADDED: Simply the fact you turn a simple purchase into a "SAGA" pretty much speaks volumes. Even when the purchase became a little more complicated (which may have affected someone who was more financially burdened) it's still a simple purchase. But then it seems that the avatar issue and other issues were "SAGAS" as well. If it makes it more entertaining for you ROCK ON! /shrug :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow,

I am constantly amazed at the judgment calls on me asking for help or posting certain avatars or just being an honest person who came here seeking insight. Even if it appears I'm being blonde or anal or whatever, that is not the intent. I didn't even realize I am posting multiple threads on the same issue, that is innocent also. For most of the men who don't understand, women go thru a lot making big purchases and that's where this mindset comes from as most women buyers can attest to. See Pinwheels'opinion. I don't know what some of you are reading but if I am making scattered posts or lost about a decision, isn't that what these forums are for???

Ok, maybe I'm crazy :roll: :roll:

Nevertheless, I will figure it out on my own. This forum is more & more becoming really unfriendly & so be it. We are all strangers so I don't take it personal but the comments are getting very negative. I get the message.

Thanks for the ones who didn't mind going thru this journey with me.
To the rest...................................................

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hey - I know what it is like to go shopping with a woman! :lol: These forum threads of LightSkin are just tangible evidence of the reality that us poor chaps have uncomplainingly put up with for - well like light years! :lol: :lol:

PS: Where's yer legs gone woman?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Thanks to you, Norm, I just spilled my coffee on my shirt here at work.

Good thing it's about time to go home.

Good one, sir!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL Norman,

Thanx for the comic relief. In regards to my legs, they have been cut off, just like my dialogue has been. I live in a world where people will beat you up about a picture of a clothed woman and where they lock up people for shoplifting but let murderers run free. I don't have a chance in a world where that's how people treat each other.

I know I won't be missed, but I hope I brought some interesting posts to the forum & to the members who were just nice people trying to help and not attacking my threads or my motives.

I am gonna go quietly now............................. :(

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hey don't do that ............stick around and don't take things so personally.

The whole cut and thrust of debate and with a modicum of humour is good for the soul. Thats all thats happened here the moderators would never let that descend into insulting behaviour.

So stay, adapt have fun and pass on your experience - thats how we all learn from each other - a good laugh on that journey aids learning in my book!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
LIGHTSKIN523,
Go, or Stay.
As forum's go, BurgmanUSA is by far one of the friendlier ones.
Just a short word of advice if I may.....
Some will like you, others will not, either way you need a thick skin to survive any forum. :wink:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Lightskin,

I hope you stick around and realize that it's not as negative as you might be interpreting it to be. It's ok to be lost! I'm sure these forums were created to answer questions just like yours. You asked questions and got a lot of answers and some folks asked questions back to you to understand so they could help you even more. They wouldn't have if they didn't want to try to help you as best they could. Seems most all of those questions got lost in the 'fray' along the way so I suppose you didn;t get as much of the help here that you could have. :(
For what it's worth I disagree that folks attacked you, that you've been cut off or that you will not be missed. But you have quite a theatrical way of interpreting the situation.
You have not even mentioned whether you kept the 650 or not! :(
If you leave won't you be proving the folks (with the opinion that you are just instigating) correct? :(

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lightskin- Take people's opinions with a grain of salt ! If people don't like your avatar thats their problem ! You know what they say about opinions and welcome to this forum.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
LightSkin... No need to rush off... However, everyone has to make their own choices about what to do.

Hey, if you looked around enough, you could find my first post, and would be shocked at the answers I got back.

But, I still have my Burg and the forum still has me.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Lightskin - A couple years back too many car dealerships slipped into a practice of sending buyers home with a car only to call them back and tell them they didn't qualify for the financing they had signed for and had to come back and resign for a different program or higher financing or to the extreme they would list the car as stolen. The practice was illegal and some dealers when pushed had to provide financing that no one else would touch. States collectively took action and put out warnings against it.

If you really are concerned about it, email your state attorney general, or your commerce dept. Give them all the facts and ask them if they feel this was a reasonable practice (mistake) or not and bring that back the the salesman and figure out how everyone can come to a fix. We can feel for you, or get annoyed, but it doesn't get your bike under you with an feeling that everything worked out in everyone's interest. You can check with the BBB, although the vast majority of motorvehicle dealers don't belong for one reason or another (I won't go there). Found that out on an extended warranty issue that a young salesman mislead us about.

Take care of yourself and remember what is true, real and important.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well of course I did!!!!

Did you all think you would be able to get rid of me that easily? I just know the rules here now:

--No caps.
--No abbreviated or shorthand type.
--No multiple threads even if I don't know I'm doing it.
--AND NO SPREAD EAGLE POSES!, LOL

Seriously though folks, it has been fun, no matter what & I look forward to being a long time member of this forum. And based on the many messages of support I got, along with my critics, as Sally Field said it best,

"You like me, you really like me!"

More pics coming soon!

THE SAGA ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts