Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the plunge and bought a Burger 400 today, I just couldn’t resist the year end price, I drove the bike home, mostly on the highway, it was great.

I hope to get out tomorrow for my first ride. Thanks for the responses to my previous messages.

Cheers

:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats! What year and color, out of curiousity?

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Congratulations on the new Burgman! I sure you'll have a blast riding it. Beware of the dreaded silly smile. It's often hard to get the smile off your face once you've been riding. :D

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Al

Well that price was just toooooooooooo tempting! :D Enjoy!

Now that you are the owner of a svelte Burger can you ride on your exisiting licence - and are you still going to be doing the training at the end of the month?

I expect we will hear from you in a month or so! :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Norm, my existing drivers license, class 5, allows me to operate a motorcycle of 50 cc or less, automobiles and trucks that do not have air brakes. Motorcycles, 51 cc + require a class 6 drivers license. You must pass a written test to obtain your learners license. Once you have your learner’s license you can operate a motorcycle with a number of restrictions, day light hours and no passenger, as long as someone with a class 6 license follows you on a motorcycle or automobile.

Yes I will take the motorcycle course as I believe that the course is a great learning tool for a sport that can be deadly if you are not properly trained.

What octane of gas are you using with your Burger? My operators manual states that the “minimum pump octane rating is 87”, I would think that a octane rating of 91 or 94 would be preferable?

Cheers

:D

·
Registered
30,278 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
What Bill says.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts