Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Burg 650 yesterday. Rode it up the wally from the store and smiled all the way. What a great ride, smooth, quiet and comfertable. The weather here i Norway is still a little to cold, but it could have rained and my happy face would nit have gone away.
My question is: Can I take it abow 4000 rpm for short periods or is it a totally dontdo? 8)

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
No problem,
What is more Important is varieing the RPM,
Changinig the fluids at about 200 miles (then again @ the recommended 600 miles)
Make sure the engine is warmed up before higher RPM's are used (4,000-6,000)
Taking the RPM's to 5,000 or even 6,000 RPM for a short time shouldn't hurt it at all. I used to own a 400 and riding 2 up, we were doing 65 mph (6,500 RPM's) for about 2 miles then back down again @ 300 miles. When we traded up to the 650 we had 3,000 miles on the 400 and it was still getting stronger.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I agree with Jim, going up to 6000 for a quick burst and then back down to the reccommended RPMs I believe will only benefit in seating the rings. BTW congrats on the new ride and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I hav a few years (35) riding bikes and breaking in new engines, and the above advise is "spot on" :!:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts