Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never liked the look of the huge fender hanging down the backside, so i chopped it off just below the plate.

I used a dremel, a sharp utility knive, and some files to finish it off. I did this with the fender on the bike so I could see how it blended as I went.

After researching some of the other members' fenderectomies, I just started trimming until I came up with what looked good to me and blended with the bike's rear. I tried to stay close to the curvature of the tire if it were extended out that far.

I like the way it turned out. Here's the finished product:

Dean

·
Registered
704 Posts
Now if you ride it in the rain you use rain water to wash the rear of the bike? No thanks, I like it factory better.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
What are the LED lights on your license plate
bracket for ??

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is the best look I've seen so far. Now to figure out where I left the Dremel.

When I ride in the rain I have to clean the bike, anyway.

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
When I ride in the rain, I just let the rain wash my bike. Then I find some corners to spin dry it.

Looks nice. The standard M/T looks good, a C/T even better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the LED lights on your license plate
bracket for ??
Duster, The LEDS are HYPERLITES and are tied into the brake lights. When you hit the brakes, the HYPERLITES flash rapidly for 5 seconds, then come on solid.

Dean

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Consideration for others! I'm glad not to ever be riding behind you in the wet.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Dean,

Fender looks good - might have to consider doing that to mine. That's a nice looking 650 that you have!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have ridden several times in the rain since the fenderectomy. No ill effects.

The spray certainly doesn't get up to our backs (me nor my wife), and doesn't really dirty up the trunk much more than it did before either. All in all, I'd say it was a successful procedure :)
Dean

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
that looks pretty nice, I wonder if we could install one this:

not sure how this is called, if we manage to remove the rear fender and install one of this, the bike may look pretty sexy, dont you think?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
No!

Bill

·
Registered
170 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way but,,,,, It looks like a Burgman 650 in a Mini Skirt. Lota tire showin thar.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I'd rather have a fully covering "hugger", much longer than this:

Pyramid Plastics said:
A rear Hugger for the BMW C600 Sport finished in Matte Cosmic Blue.

Stylish and effective at keeping the exposed mechanics at the rear of the C600 free from the road-borne annoyances the wheel can throw up

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
And welcome back Kory.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts