Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find if this has been covered before, but I felt even if it has it's worth the extra mention.

Minnesota has a program called Motorcycle Dial-A-Ride for impared riders. I had not heard of the program, my daughter gave me a wallet card for it.

The way it works is if someone is out with a bike and shouldn't be riding, you call 1-888-DIAL RIDE. (1-888-342-5743). They will send someone out with a trailer and give the rider and passenger (and bike) a ride, free of charge and confidential, home or to a motel. The system runs from Friday evenings through midnight on Sunday, and on holidays.

As far as I know this number just works for Minnesota, but if you are going to be in the area, jot the number down and keep it in your wallet. You might find someone who's willing to make the smart choice. They're also looking for people to help out.

I'm interested to see of other states have similiar programs and what their numbers are.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I live in MN and didn't know about the program. I wonder how it's publicized?
Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife said that must be the confidential part. She asked a bar owner about it, and he said nobody had approached him about it, wished the program was more visible. The program has been operating since 1990. They have nice plastic cards that they hand out at the motorcycle classes, and get togethers, along with bumper stickers, and volunteer packets.

The bumper stickers are bright yellow with "Drunks Don't Ride" in big letters, and the phone number and info in smaller letters.

The fact that it is confidential is stressed. Just between the rider that needs the hand, and the volunteers that want to make sure that there is a better option.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
They were not handing out those cards at my MSF class this past spring.
Nice that someone is willing to do this for someone. Sure beats having a dangerous driver on the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts