Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year, I was travelling from London to Devon in the Uk, with a friend. I was on my Silverwing scoot, he was riding an XJ600 with sticking out panniers (And I mean sticking out - They made the bike almost 3 times as wide :shock: ). About half way through the journey and we get passed by an RSV Mille and an R6. No problem, I wave at them as they go past and get a friendly nod back from both (Which was nice :) ). A little later on, and they're stuck on a two-lane roundabout. They've both tried to hug the roundabout island but have been forced to stop by queueing traffic. Me and my friend lane split and so pass them. That's when the fun began.

Now a little info about my friend. He's an experienced courier rider, and a bit of a nutter. He used to courier in the narrow streets of London on a Goldwing, the stero blasting out Bagpipe music (He's from Scotland). One of his favourite tricks was to play the sound of a steam train through the speakers, whilst filtering in a tunnel. (Imagine you're in a car, stuck in traffic and you suddenly see a spot of light coming towards your wing mirror, and the sound 'Whooo Whoooooo, Chuff Chuff Chuff Chuff'... :D ).

Anyway, neither the Mille nor the R6 rider were impressed with being 'out-filtered' by a scoot and an XJ (Particularly one with sticky-out panniers). After all, sportsbikes are soooo much better aren't they? They manage to filter in behind us. No problem, now's their chance to overtake us; "Hmmm, that XJ is filtering like a mad thing possessed, and there's no way that Scoot can do that sort of speed....surely? Ahh, now the road opens up. Time to blast past them.....Hang on, we're doing a over a ton here and we're still not able to catch them up".

My friend and I pull into a lay-by a few miles later for a snack, and those two riders STILL hadn't managed to overtake us. As they went past, you could tell that they were hurting real bad. There were no waves or nods from them - Egos deflated. After all, how could they tell their friends that not only could they not manage to keep up with an XJ 600, but that they also couldn't keep up with.......a scooter. :shock:

It made our journey! :D

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Yeah, the ones written in Swahili are tough to understand... :roll:

:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts