Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,662 Posts
bikes that do not have sidestand interlock switches are those that come with sidestands that automatically retract -- spring up -- when the weight is lifted off them (as in straightening the bike upright, as you get on and prepare to ride).
This is the requirement, yes. Modern Vespas are notorious for having the sidestands fold up when parked, in high winds if covered (cover is a sail; bike rocks, unloading the sidestand, which promptly retracts and drops the bike). These sidestands can often be modified to not retract automatically, but that leads to the pogo-stick problems we all know and mock mercilessly.

The solution, of course, is to use the centerstand whenever feasible. Their sidestands have almost always been optional anyhow.

· Registered
6 Posts
tried pulling off both brake lever switches. it started....then it didn't. reconnected the switches, wouldn't start but got "chec" on the display. seems like everytime i cycle the key it does something different.
maybe one of you guys has defeated these switches? i'd like to do the same to the sidestand switch, too. I wonder how that will go...
Why would you monkey with necessary switches that enable you to start the bike. It is your fault. Period. Side stand switch too. Turn the key on. Pull left brake handle. Hit starter switch and ride. Otherwise all of your unecessary removal and your bike will not inspect.
Stop tampering with safety issues.

Edited by moderator

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
as it turns out, it's pretty easy to defeat the brake lever starter interlocks...pull the front clip off the scooter,and you'll see the relays zrx212 provided pics of...just jumper the yel/blkand yel/grn and you're good to go. of course, this information is for academic purposes only and you should never try to defeat any safety devices....

· Registered
2,402 Posts
I didn't reread everything in between, but back in post 3 you jumpered the connectors but got CHEK and still no start. So that must not be the problem?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts