Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D You know i've lived here in Arkansas all my life. However we went places yesterday I've never been before. :shock: Paul joe if your reading this i'm sorry we didn't know about this route we took yesterday, when you were down here. It's a lot more hilly country side a little east of where we were. We went down 21 hiway to state road 43. Talk about beauty!!
8) It took 7 hours to ride 190 miles round trip. :D We got over to 74 hi-way, and took it into Japser, Arkansas. Jasper is just a little town of around 500 people. However they live in some of the most beautiful countryside i've seen in Arkansas. Thank God for Burgman's, and the chance to see it the way we did. We got over on hi-way 7 south out of Jasper. There's a hill over there that whines around for at least five miles, & what seems to be all up hill. 8) Paul you had mention the route we took was beautiful. But we didn't have any place to pull over and enjoy it. And you were right. However going down 7 south there were plenty of pull off spots to enjoy the veiw. It was great!!! :D We pulled into one small spot, & it had a gift shop, an over look platform for better veiwing. As if you needed to be another 3 stories up.
8) We went on up the road and at the top of this hill, there was a little restaurant called the clift house inn. Nice people, great food, good prices. And one of the best veiws i've ever seen in Arkansas. It over looked what they call the, Arkansas Grand Canyon. And it was truley Grand. You proberly could see at least 50 miles out. Beauty beyond what i've ever see in the Ozarks. And that's saying a lot. They had a observation deck outside. And full glass veiw from inside. The place was packed with people. A lot more knew about this place than just us.
:D Well anyway you can see why it took 7 hours to make 190 miles. :D The Burgmans perform great. However the 650 is more suited for that country side. Margaret was pulling down a lot on the hills. The 650 in power mode acted like there was nothing to it. :D I don't think i proberly even needed power mode but it seemed to run better with it on. Up and down those hills like a billy goat. By the way new pavement made the ride so smooth. It was like rideing on air. :D Next year at scootercade, I would love to head up a groupe of are readers, and whoever else wants to go along, and ride down that way. It would be great, especialy for first timers to are neck of the woods. 8)
:D We hope to see you all next year at scootercade. Plan on it, and be there. 8)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Doug,

I would really like to take that trip if I'm able to make Scootercade next year. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Been There

I've driven Arkansas in a cage many times, and think I've been up that exact hill you describe. (Once, in a brand-new S-10 pickup, I found another hill where I could not get above second gear for several miles. Was _awesome_!) Arkansas is just about my fave place to drive. Incredibly beautiful!

Can't wait to try it on a scoot, though my 400 may be overmatched with my 300+ on it!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm in Tulsa, it definately sounds like fun to me! We may have to get together before scootercade and do it once for practice...what do you think?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts