Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the big crash, I've been on the hunt for another 650. So far I've narrowed it down to three that is in reasonable distance to me.
That is, I can make a round trip in one day if I stick toothpicks in my eyes to prop them open. I came out better than I expected with insurance.* $5500 for my 07 and another $1000 for damaged personal items.* These are the top three so far.
2013 for $7500 with 2300 miles.* Gotta cough up another grand for this one plus taxes. Still in warranty and a six hour round trip.* My Clearview isn't going to fit and questionable if my Fehling will.
2008 for $4300 with 14,350 miles.* 12 hour round trip at best.* Possible delivery by the owner being he's trailering other bikes here the first of the month for Thunder Beach. New tires, Clearview with vent (already got one) throttle lock and new tires.* Missing one handlebar weight and gas fill cover.* Says there is no noticeable scratches.* Several owners and he has owned it for only a few month with his buying for his wife and daughter to take the motorcycle course on.
2007 for $4300 with 3360 miles. Like new but probably has never been serviced and original tires.* Another 12 hour round trip but can incorporate it with*trip to my daughter that is 45 minutes away.
So far, that is my short list.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If I had to choose from the three you have located, I would buy the 13. I think the others are a little expensive (compared to what me and my friends have bought recently).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#3 is out of the running. Just called the owner back to ask more questions and it has sold.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I would go with the 2013 as the reports of the increased gas milage stand out above everything.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
'13 -- it's a new refined machine with higher resale value. If it had the look, simplicity and weight of the 400 i would be riding it now :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking like a pretty good deal @ $7500. Almost makes wonder why so cheap being its so new.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The '13 is the best deal for sure, you can make the Fehling fit with some welding and you can just send me the Clearview to hold on to for you :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
What a great decision to make! My first reaction was to buy the 07. Negotiate it down to high 3k. But since that's been sold, get the 13. Nice bike, nice price. Sell your clearview to me cheap and call it a day. :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My thoughts on the Fehling. I'm thinking Suzuki probably didn't change the frame and the rear back rest is using the standard three hole setup. Thinking the rear backrest can be unbolted and the Fehling can be installed

·
Registered
66 Posts
My thoughts on the Fehling. I'm thinking Suzuki probably didn't change the frame and the rear back rest is using the standard three hole setup. Thinking the rear backrest can be unbolted and the Fehling can be installed
I thought I saw somewhere on this site that the mount is different but that may have been more for top boxes. Even if it's different with a bit of modding I'm sure it can be made to fit pretty easily.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
2013 great buy, definitely best choice !

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Geesh, what is it with sellers. Been trying to get together with the owner of the 2013. He answers texts, I phone and only get his voice mail. He texts me and says he real busy and will call me tonight. I wait till. 9:15 and text him to let me know tomorrow if he still wants to sell it. He texts back that he did but is going out of town till next Tuesday. I end it by replying that the ball is in his court and I'm interested in buying it. So I'm going to continue my search and if he wants my cash, he can call me. If I come across a better deal, then I'll go in that direction.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Geesh, what is it with sellers. Been trying to get together with the owner of the 2013. He answers texts, I phone and only get his voice mail. He texts me and says he real busy and will call me tonight. I wait till. 9:15 and text him to let me know tomorrow if he still wants to sell it. He texts back that he did but is going out of town till next Tuesday. I end it by replying that the ball is in his court and I'm interested in buying it. So I'm going to continue my search and if he wants my cash, he can call me. If I come across a better deal, then I'll go in that direction.
Just run if he mentions Western Union.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sounds like the seller is just one of those real busy types, and I can relate to that in many ways. At least he's answering your TXTs. Give him the benefit of the doubt, but TXT and leave a message on his voicemail, advising you are VERY interested in his bike, but since he's having difficulty in getting time to actually sell you the bike, you are looking at other bikes too. One way or another it might sort out his motivation to sell or not, as the case might be...

·
Registered
66 Posts
The reason its so cheap is that they don't sell. You should also be able to negotiate a very low price on a leftover new '13 from a dealer (plenty out there). BMW scooters have been going for $2,000-3,000 off list for the same reason.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like your typical Craigslist idiot. I would just find a different 'Burg, Nobody is too busy to make $7000.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Decision made. 2012 with 1050 miles for asking price of $6500. My Fehling will fit and all problems solved including having to come out of pocket with another grand. Now to find the time to go fetch it. Only 4 hours away.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
BMW scooters have been going for $2,000-3,000 off list for the same reason.
Must remember that maxi-scoots sell to many many more mature folk and biker who need to downsize, many of the owner have retire on fix income and budget limited.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts