Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to install a DeCelLight(Throttle Operated Brake Light Switch) on their skooters http://www.motoloco.com I have one I am going to try to install on my 650 will let you know if it will work are not. :idea:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Looks like a nice item but I have mixed feeling about it, If I am reading the information right it will turn on the brake light anytime I release the throttle ?
I am not sure I would want that lets say riding in a group or traffic on an interstate but I can see were it would be nice in town and the suburbs

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Randy said:
... I am not sure I would want that lets say riding in a group or traffic on an interstate but I can see were it would be nice in town and the suburbs
On the Interstate might be the best time to have it. If you slow for traffic ahead of you, a driver behind you may not realize in time that you are slowing.

With a DeCelLite or other brand of similar switch, cars behind you will know when you are slowing; especially important on the 650 with its drastic engine braking.

·
Registered
728 Posts
save yourself some money, just get in the habit of touching the brake handle each time you slow down. I got in the habit of pulling slightly on my brake lever each time I was slowing down...making the brake light flash on and off a few times. Something like the electric flasher you can put on bikes. Believe me, it won't take long to get in the habit, and once it does, it will come automatically to you to do it.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
wilder days said:
save yourself some money, just get in the habit of touching the brake handle each time you slow down. I got in the habit of pulling slightly on my brake lever each time I was slowing down...making the brake light flash on and off a few times. Something like the electric flasher you can put on bikes. Believe me, it won't take long to get in the habit, and once it does, it will come automatically to you to do it.
Ditto that. got into the habit with my first bike, and it's now automatic...

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I do the same thing. The only advantage I see to brake light modulators is in panic stop situations where you don't have time to flash the brakes manually.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have DeCelLight installed.

I have had the DeCelLight installed and it is working fine even has a little blue light on the dash that lets me know the brakelight is on when I let off the throttle.I am very pleased with it. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts