Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you all for your support on this topic. Let me help clear my wife's good image.

The decision to sell the bike was mine alone. If you knew my wife you would realize that she would never have told me to sell it. She was uncomfortable with the idea of me having it but she also realized that it gave me a lot of pleasure and allowed me access to many wonderful new people. I could have continued, if I had wished, to ride until I was 90.

I was ready to move on. Is my wife pleased? I imagine so but that is not something that she would likely verbalize either. It is just her way. I love her dearly and I am grateful that she has allowed me this experience.

The best of the holidays to you all!

Dave

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good luck Dave finding the next thing to move on to. I have tried also to quit riding for safety reasons but when you have ridden two wheels for over 50 years as I have it gets in to your blood and you keep coming back. If you road long enought to get the bug then you will be back. If not than I hope you can find something else to fill the fun factor of the Burgman scoot. rasrats

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
All I can say is that it's better to have ridden a Burgman, even if only for a short time, than to have never ridden one at all :D

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Hey Dave:

I applaud your decision. I know it wasn't easy but it's something you and I had discussed months ago so at least I saw it coming. As long as you are comfortable with the deal then by all means move on to whatever is next and take no regrets with you.

BTW--PM me...I have that recipe you've been wanting....and it is just in time for Christmas! ;-) Or if you still have my number just give a call.

I'll probably be doing the same thing with my Exec very shortly... it has had zero miles on it now for almost 3 months, a new record for me...so that tells me it's time to move on too. I have taken up flatwater kayaking for exercise and I hit the lake or the Hooch every day for at least two hours. Yeah, I admit I do a little fishing now and then too between 'sets' :) Just not enough time in the day anymore :-(

I look forward to hearing from you.

pr

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It may be different with a girl friend, I used to have one (single guy that I am). She would tag along to all the car shows with me (I'm a car nut mostly) but it wasn't really her thing.

One day she says, "You love that car more than me, don't you." I hesitated,,, and THAT my friend was my mistake, I 'hesitated'. :lol: I helped her pack shortly thereafter... :shock:

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Hey Dave, :salute:

Well, I'm sorry to see you leave the "pod," but I so understand your decision. I enjoyed riding with you this summer on our Blue Ridge Run and having you in Mentone this fall. You'll have to come back up this way in the convertible and stop by and say hello.

:santa: Merry Christmas, brother, and Happy New Year! :eek:ccasion9:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Farwell my Friend

Dave andI have riden many many miles together. He is a great rider and a true friend.It is with a sad heart that I will no longer have the pleasure of his company on my journeys. His wife is a wonderful women and she does know what he has given up to be by her side for the years to come. Hope you enjoy the golf (aarrgghh)
Carol
you can always ride *&^%H :lol:

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Dave,

I can understand your decision. Certainly peace of mind for you and your wife is more important. Congratulations of 38 years of marriage. My wife and I will celebrate 33 years on Feb 1.

Darrell

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Congratulations!

Congratulations on your tough decision. I have been fortunate with my wife and Burgman. My wife rode with me on the back of my first scooter and then I bought her one. She now rides during the warm months with me, but on her Silver Wing. Keeping the wife happy is very important, I've learned that after only 18 years. Did your wife ever ride on the back with you?
JC

G

·
0 Posts
proddy said:
Hey Dave:

I applaud your decision. I know it wasn't easy but it's something you and I had discussed months ago so at least I saw it coming. As long as you are comfortable with the deal then by all means move on to whatever is next and take no regrets with you.

BTW--PM me...I have that recipe you've been wanting....and it is just in time for Christmas! ;-) Or if you still have my number just give a call.

I'll probably be doing the same thing with my Exec very shortly... it has had zero miles on it now for almost 3 months, a new record for me...so that tells me it's time to move on too. I have taken up flatwater kayaking for exercise and I hit the lake or the Hooch every day for at least two hours. Yeah, I admit I do a little fishing now and then too between 'sets' :) Just not enough time in the day anymore :-(

I look forward to hearing from you.

pr
Wow...thought you fell off the face of the earth.
I wondered what happened to you Pat...now I know...took up a new hobby. "Kayaking"
You were among the first to provide me with stellar safety information regarding motorcycling, which I still adhere to today.
Your comments and advise were really appreciated by me and many others. I sure hope you stick around BUSA as we need your invaluable input.
Have a Merry Christmas and a very prosperous New Year !
Lee

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey Dave,

I too will miss you and I also applaud your decision all the way around. As Scootermikie said...it is better to have ridden a Burgman than not to have ridden at all. I also have a spouse who "tolerates" my Burgman bug and who will be VERY HAPPY when I decide to give up the scoots.

My best to you.

Donna

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I am looking at this thread from a new perspective. I was NurseDave, the topic of this thread. I am now 70, on wife number 2 and living in Brockville, Ontario. I just picked up a 2016 Executive and am thrilled to be back in the saddle. I don't know if any of my old friends from the Atlanta group will ever see this but I wanted to post this just in case. I am no known as Brockville650

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Wow ...full circle ...I hate to ask but what happened to wife number 1 ?
Please don’t tell me she ran off with a Harley Dude ...

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
I am looking at this thread from a new perspective. I was NurseDave, the topic of this thread. I am now 70, on wife number 2 and livi
ERM, shouldna you wait till yer at a desk or something to type? Wife don't mind ? She got a sister ?

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
No. We were divorced in 2008. Much happier with Chapter 2. She is actually excited about this
Welcome Back, reminds me of a joke....My wife ran off with my best friend and I sure do miss him.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Dude needs a signal minder 😂

I watched the first two minutes .....

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
Brockville650, Welcome back.

I can merge your two accounts if you'd like. If so let me know which user name to keep.

Reactions: Rusty J
21 - 40 of 48 Posts