Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there I am the proud owner of a blue 650 burgman with 750kms on the clock ...oops I have just added 120km this afternoon getting the feel of her...very nice I must say .....and no I didnt get the latest with the abs ...the seat lid seems a bit tight anyone else had this problem does it get easier as it gets used or is it just me not quite getting the nack of getting it open.
what setting is everyone using on the suspension ...compared with the piaggio it seems a bit hard but once again perhaps will soften with use.
I am impressed with the overal handling but am a bit wary of the centre stand and the weight of the scoot I guess once again it is technique that I need to work on not brute force.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Congratulations on the new Burgman 650 Debs. Did you get the 2005 model? If the trunk release is difficult to open, try pressing down on the back of the seat above the latch while using the release.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Congrats on the new blue 650 Debs :wink:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Debs and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new Burgy!

If your a small person in weight I suggest 1 or 2 on the rear shock and 3 or 4 if you are heavier. 5 if your riding 2 up.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Congrats Deb!

If you can't reach the back of the seat and the ignition key at the same time, give a good downward push on the back of the seat before twisting the key to unlock it. I think after you use it a bit more you will only have to do that once in a while.

The shocks usually come set at the #2 position from the factory. It depends on your weight, riding style, road conditions. You will have to play with the settings to see what works best for you. Make sure that you set both rear shocks to the same setting of course. Also make sure to check your tire pressures. Dealers have been notorious for delivering these scooters with the tires improperly inflated. It is a good idea to recheck your tires pressures about once a week.

There are a thread or two on the forum about putting the scoot up on the centerstand. Use the 'Search' feature and you should find them. With the right technique it is pretty easy.

Enjoy your new scoot!

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Cheers and welcome Debs.
I think my big burgy rides hard too. But it seems as though that is an unpopular opinion. I set my rears to the softest setting (from the dealer they were miss-adjusted! One was at 2 and the other at 3! There are some pretty crummy roads around here and not too much high speed stuff. If that were more the norm I think I'd like the firmer ride that I seem to feel through the front and back. I am just learning to "deal with it" and accept it as part of the Moonpie's "sporting characteristics." It feels good at speed, but rutted, bumpy, patched-up 35/45 mph roads kind of rattle my head and body a bit.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Happy new scoot, Debs!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your Big Burger. My 'new blue' has its first service on Friday and I'm absolutely delighted with it so far.

You might find it easier to put the scoot on its sidestand while you dismount, and then lift it onto its centre stand.

I wish that I had your NZ roads to enjoy. May you have many happy and safe miles together!

:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

thanks for the warm welcome everyone...got to go ...got to ride ride ride... :lol:

·
Registered
136 Posts
New scoot

Congrats Bebs. What color did you get and where in NZ are you located?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: New scoot

Taipo said:
Congrats Bebs. What color did you get and where in NZ are you located?
I got the navy blue and I am in West Auckland ...where are you?

·
Registered
136 Posts
color

Great color "blue". I'm on the shore, but currently overseas. I bought a "metalic surf green" (some people are calling it teal) in Feb...rode it for a week and then stored it.
Which dealer did you get yours from?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey you must have been the one I saw a couple of times on the motorway...
I got it from haldanes suzuki. ..but they brought it up for me from mciver and veitch in dunedin....I have had scoots from them before...dunedin I mean...
debs

·
Registered
136 Posts
colors

That could have been me on the motorway. I was back and forth to Hamilton and Whakatane a couple of times before I stored it. I understand the weather there has been pretty good...so how much riding have you done?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts