Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I am a 15 year experienced motorcycle rider, but never had anything a scooter or anything less than 650cc, not because I need the speed but really never came across something I liked that was less than that. I am currently motorcycleless for the past two seasons (which is a long time for me). so I came across this 03 burgman 400 with ~9000 miles for $1500, I am debating whether to make that step towards a scooter or not, I never rode any scooter in my life. a few questions I have for you seasoned super scooter riders:

1) would you think this would be enough to ride through the highway comfortably? (I am not the throttle happy need for speed kind btw)
2) How is the reliability on these machines?
3) Do they require a lot of maintenance?
4) Anything you recommend for me to do as far as maintenance in case I get this scooter today?
5) I am wondering if these machines can actually pile up some good miles? or will it go downhill at 10000.

Thank you all for your time and god bless.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
All,
I am a 15 year experienced motorcycle rider, but never had anything a scooter or anything less than 650cc, not because I need the speed but really never came across something I liked that was less than that. I am currently motorcycleless for the past two seasons (which is a long time for me). so I came across this 03 burgman 400 with ~9000 miles for $1500, I am debating whether to make that step towards a scooter or not, I never rode any scooter in my life. a few questions I have for you seasoned super scooter riders:

1) would you think this would be enough to ride through the highway comfortably? (I am not the throttle happy need for speed kind btw)
2) How is the reliability on these machines?
3) Do they require a lot of maintenance?
4) Anything you recommend for me to do as far as maintenance in case I get this scooter today?
5) I am wondering if these machines can actually pile up some good miles? or will it go downhill at 10000.

Thank you all for your time and god bless.
You have 2 post on same subject, other post already have several reply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts