Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't even got 500 miles on the new tires. It was so nice to have a smooth ride and even have the confidence to let go of the handle bars and relax my hand for a couple of seconds.
Until today.
I was slowing down for a traffic light and let go of the bars around 35 mph.
All of a sudden the bars started that familiar shaking sensation so I grabbed the controls. Sure enough the shake is back again at low speeds.
Has anyone else ran into this problem?
Is there a way to correct it?
I know you are not supposed to cruise down the road with no hands on the handle bars but it is not cool when those puppies start to shaking.
:eek:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I haven't even got 500 miles on the new tires. It was so nice to have a smooth ride and even have the confidence to let go of the handle bars and relax my hand for a couple of seconds.
Until today.
I was slowing down for a traffic light and let go of the bars around 35 mph.
All of a sudden the bars started that familiar shaking sensation so I grabbed the controls. Sure enough the shake is back again at low speeds.
Has anyone else ran into this problem?
Is there a way to correct it?
I know you are not supposed to cruise down the road with no hands on the handle bars but it is not cool when those puppies start to shaking.
:eek:
Many bikes will do this...........Even my Honda Goldwing GL1800....BUT.at high speeds - no problem.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
it might be wheel bearings, but they have those things called dyno beads. Those seem to help some people

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
The physics of the rear wheel drag as opposed to free-wheeling causes a lot of that inherently. Tire balance, wheel bearings, steering head, and tread patterns can enhance the effect. I get it on mine depending in how great the drag.
Bottom line keep your hands on the handle bars and if they don't shake all's good!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was worried about it on mine recently but found that it only happens on certain roads. Most of those were farm roads. I don't know if it is the material used or the way they covered the road, but when I got to newly refinished roads the shaking stopped. I couldn't see anything wrong with the roads that caused my bike to shake though.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
If you can't feel it with your hands on the bars there's nothing to worry about. My 07 400 would do it at very slow speed with hands off the bars, but nothing I felt with hands on.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
that shaking is normal, if you really want to get ride of it, replace the handle bar ends with heavier ones, that will take care of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts