Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Beautiful! Is this the Tail of the Dragon? On it I know professional photographers set up to take photos of motorcyclists coming through.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The leaves turned late this year; glad you got to ride through them! The little dog is adorable, but where does he ride? Under the saddle!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea that pic is from deals gap. Probably my least favorite road in the area because of the crowds. Although, its pretty empty during the week this time of year.
As for the dog he rides in the truck. I usually ride up but my wife decided to come along and visit a friend that lives in N. Ga. Dropped her off and I headed out on the scoot for a few days. ;)

·
Registered
427 Posts
My mind raced ahead of my eyes, and I did a double take to make sure he didn't say trunk.

Nice pic of you and the pup.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like you have the burg stretched out there, good picture...

Thanks. Yea, shaved off at least a few ounces of center stand while I was up there. Even when "hanging off" it still possible to reach the limits of the Burgman. I had race tech springs and emulators installed before the trip. Makes a huge difference. All that being said, I'm always sruprised by how fast it can ridden. Never fails to bring a smile to my face. That coming from a guy thats ridden only sport bikes for the last 15 yrs. :cool:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My riding buddy and I go to the Smokey's most years. We go through the Tail of the Dragon one time going in and one time coming out. The thrill of riding that part of US 129 left me years ago. Too crowded and dangerous. There a a bunch of roads on the North Carolina side that are great riding.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Many great roads on the Tennessee side too. Hop onto the Cherohala Skyway - you're up above the trees so you can actually see and the road, while twisty, isn't so technical that you can't look around and enjoy yourself.

On the NC side, I'd recommend 28 south.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts