Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been discussion in various threads regarding various dealers. I thought it would be good to consolidate all the dealer discussion to one place.

I've searched the web and been unable to find any dealer review sites either, so maybe this forum could become a great resource for others.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Montgomeryville Cycle Center - Eastern Pennsylvania

http://www.montgomeryvillecycle.com/

This was the place I first saw the Burgman. I went in looking for a Reflex or Helix, but came out enamoured with with the Burg.

The shop has an extensive collection of bikes. They had the Reflex, Helix, '03 Burg 400, '04 Burg 400, '04 Burg 650 and lots of smaller bikes as well.

I did get a bit of negative feedback on this shop from a couple of people who had bought bikes there in the past. They felt that the shop might be too big to give good afterservice support. That is, they felt like numbers, not valued customers.

I'm curious about other's experiences here since I'm shortly going to buy a Burg 400 and want to choose a quality dealer that will support me after I buy.

(follow-up 2/28/2004) :evil:
I've been trying to negotiate a price with them, nothing too aggressive, but they won't even return my calls or emails! I even left them a message that I would come in that day and pay cash so that they wouldn't get hit by the CC fees and they still wouldn't return my messages.
I'm off to another dealer. I'm not going to beg them to sell me a bike. Imagine how hard it would be to get them to provide service after they have your $$$

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sport-Cycle Suzuki - Eastern PA

http://www.sportcyclesuzuki.com/

Located around Reading, PA. I've read a couple postings from people who've bought here. Their base price on the '03 Burg 400 is the most aggressive I've seen in the area, however they charge a $290 setup charge and $99 for license/reg. so that brings their price up to everyone elses.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dealer reviews

I just bought my 04 berg 2 days ago at Cycle Riders in Orlando FL.

I Liked the Staight up straight forward service.

They are neither the Highest/lowest priced for the Berg 650.

I did have the option of buying out of state for a savings of

$500, but decided it was not worth the trouble.

I don't like the Haggle game, I like to know the Bottom

line is, Take it or leave it.

Trying to get the best deal? I found It really makes a difference where you live.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I prefer to buy locally. Even if I have to pay a little more. More often than not, they can get close to the pricing of the mega-shops. You just have to ask! But I only do this if the store has a good reputation.

Local shops depend on the service work. If the service gets high marks, I don't mind paying for it. Thornton's in Southern Indiana treated me right :!:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Little hint on the 650....first 600 mile service...cost, $93.00. I previously had done the oil change myself....but the final gear & trans oil change cost that much....hopefully, I'll do it myself in the future. Head mechanic stated that the charge would have been much higher had the valves needed to be adjusted....but he stated that the bike being dual overhead cam.....the valves need adjusting at 24,000miles....he stated that it will be a "bear" getting into the motor to facilitate the adjustment....we'll see!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
jb4278a said:
Little hint on the 650....first 600 mile service...cost, $93.00. I previously had done the oil change myself....but the final gear & trans oil change cost that much....hopefully, I'll do it myself in the future. Head mechanic stated that the charge would have been much higher had the valves needed to be adjusted....but he stated that the bike being dual overhead cam.....the valves need adjusting at 24,000miles....he stated that it will be a "bear" getting into the motor to facilitate the adjustment....we'll see!!
You're lucky that they only charged $93 for the 600 mi service. I got a quote from my local dealer: $140+ :shock:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I purchased my AN400k3 (traded in 650k3)at my Tucson, Arizona dealership Tucson MotorSports at 22nd Street. Ben worked with Oscar to get the trade/sale finalized in a record 3 1/2 hrs. on the 2nd of Feb. '04.

This is my 3rd purchase from TMS which has stores on the north side of town (18mi. away), in Phoenix, Las Vegas, NV and others.
See> http://www.azmotorsports.com/
When shopping for Suzuki, my choices are slim except for a store 75 miles away (I won't/can't buy from them). I refuse to buy out of state and won't buy mail-order over warranty validation concerns.
See> http://burgmanusa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31

Funnymoney took on a character of its own when I was quoted over the phone one dollar amount then I showed up and as it became known that I wouldn't just walk out the door, they jacked the price up to beyond msrp and started to "juggle figures" beyond comprehension or logic and had the fortitude to do so on paper.
Oscar asked for the keys to my trade-in to "inspect it" and I cheerfully complied.

At long last, I sat down to review the paperwork which I reluctantly signed because they had already taken the plate and everything else off my old bike.
There was only one way to get home and that was to ride away on a new AN400.

Tucson Motorsports didn't charge me for toiletpaper and I'm forever in their debt over the expeditious handling of my "deal" which included handing me the keys and walking away while they closed their store for the night.
As I turned their way I noticed one by one, each of their cars started up and drove away in the dark while I achieved from memory
the keylock location of the AN400.
With a prayer and enough paperwork to choke a horse, I got the hell out of there and I will never return.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bromley Suzuki - Trevose PA

http://www.bromleys.com/
Went here today and bought an AN400K3. :D
A friend of mine had ridden pro in the early '90s and suggested I go see them. It's a family business, nice guys, and I was happy to give them my business.

Pricing wasn't the cheapest but also not the most expensive. I feel I paid a 'fair' price for the bike for my area.

-Ted

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I went to Star City in Lincoln Nebraska today. It is about 50 miles from where I live. They carry all the Japanese brands plus BMW, KTM - not sure what else. Anyway, they had hundreds of motorcycles on the floor - more than any other dealership I've ever seen. They also had a big selection of boats, personal watercraft (yeh, in Nebraska for goodness sakes) and ATVs. I did not see even one scooter. I gabbed with two different salesmen. Neither one had ridden, or even seen, a super scooter.
When I told one salesman that I had just ridden my Burgman there from Omaha, he asked me if I had trouble keeping up with traffic on the interstate. :roll:

I wonder how many other dealers are out there like that. I'd sure hate to have a problem while touring and end up trying to get assistance from someone like that. I think Suzuki and Honda should both put some pressure on these dealerships to carry at least a few scooters.

·
Registered
270 Posts
dealer reviws

:roll: My frist dealer i dealt with wasn't very good.We took my 400 in for it's frist 600 mile oil change.Nobody could give us a frim qoute on the cost of this.They said maybe 89.00 could go as high as 150.00.Well we went to pick it up the price had jumped to 210.00.I almost freaked out!!!But my wife freaked out frist.We got the store manger and he got it.back down to 100.00.Then i had a pickup to hit me in the rear,back in Dec.it was like pulling teeth from a mule to just find out that they needed a depoist to order the parts.So 5 weeks later i finaly get my scoot back.Needless to say when i bought my 650 i didn't buy from them.That all took place in Roger's Arkansas.I bought the next scoot from Farr's cyle out of Tulsa,Ok.they are great people over there.They put the cost of the frist service down in writeing 82.50.Ya can't beat that. :D :D
Doug Collins
Springdale,Arkansas

·
Registered
80 Posts
Doug, thanks for the heads up about the Suzuki dealer in Rogers, Ar. We will be in the Rogers area sometime this summer on our return from a several thousand mile trip from Florida to Calif, Oregon. Will probably be needing some service by then.

It looks like the first service is a moneymaker for dealers. Ours was $269 which i thought was ridiculous. I did the next fluid change for less than $20. Bought an OME filter, gallon of Rotella Synthetic and 80 wt drive train oil. I took off the side panel but discovered that the transmission oil can be changed without removing the side panel. :lol:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Bill Trammell said:
I took off the side panel but discovered that the transmission oil can be changed without removing the side panel. :lol:

Would that be by refilling through the oil fill sight hole? I filled through the top hole, and it was a real bear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts