1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
220 Posts
No White 2014 for the US 650 Burgman's, picture color is correct, flat met. dark silver. I have seen the scooter in person, looks great. I would buy one in about five years, should be priced right by them.

John

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I see they have the new Burgman 200 in stock there too.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Wow. My dealer just got a 2013 in, his first of the 2013 models. Expect that it will take him until next summer to get a 2014 in. No problem for me, I am very happy with my '09.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
243 Posts
Where's the backrest?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
is there any difference with the older models? any engine tweak, etc?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
No backrest on the 200. Not sure of any smaller scooters with a backrest.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Where's the backrest?
Good observation.

Back in 07 they dropped the backrest on the 400. Cost me an extra two bills for it.

I Suppose this is another way to jack up the sales without increasing the the Msrp. The 650 is a two up vehicle, customers are gonna want something for their passengers (wives mostly. Who's gonna tell the dealer "No, I don't need any security of comfort for my wife. She'll just hang on" when he brings up the options)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Yep, it looks like Suzuki dropped the backrest on the 650 as standard equipment. It doesn't seem to be listed on the Suzuki site under 'Accessories' yet, but I'm sure it will be at least two bills as it is a more substantial part than the pre-2013 backrest.

Rather than calling it the 'Junior Executive' model, its now simply the Burgman 650 ABS.

This is a VERY chintzy move by Suzuki.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
No white anymore?

Guess I'll just have to find a used '13 when the time comes, if they don't bring it back.

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
Oh goody, flat gray, now it will look even more like the asphalt your riding on.

It's interesting that they have one in stock. When I ask my dealer about them he said they would not even be able to order them until this month and did not expect any deliveries until after the first of the year.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
It's interesting that they have one in stock. When I ask my dealer about them he said they would not even be able to order them until this month and did not expect any deliveries until after the first of the year.
I was told the same thing by my local dealer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Oh goody, flat gray, now it will look even more like the asphalt your riding on.

My thoughts exactly! One of the reasons why I sold a Black GTS250. It's smaller road presence and color made for more close calls than any other bike I had owned.

J

·
Registered
420 Posts

That's actually my dealer and I have the first 2014 pre-ordered WHEN it arrives sometime in 2014! They do NOT have a 2014 in stock. I was a bit sketchy on the matte paint but seeing the color in person (on the 2013 400) I really love it. It really catches the light differently than the gloss paint. I am concerned about the care though.... you can't just buff out a scratch.

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
I saw the color on a 400 at the motorcycle show. I didn't care for it but different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
17 Posts

It took them so long to finally release the 2013,that they should have just waited and called it a 2014.Suzuki really slacked on the burgman

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
It took them so long to finally release the 2013,that they should have just waited and called it a 2014.Suzuki really slacked on the burgman[/QUOTE

Obviously 2013 was available in Asia, Europe much before USA, because USA so much smaller market, it only drop in a bucket as you say, which why many other country still have Executive model available and it come with heated seat and grip as standard equipment, we still have it here also. Market penetration an % make all difference.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Good observation.

Back in 07 they dropped the backrest on the 400. Cost me an extra two bills for it.

I Suppose this is another way to jack up the sales without increasing the the Msrp. The 650 is a two up vehicle, customers are gonna want something for their passengers (wives mostly. Who's gonna tell the dealer "No, I don't need any security of comfort for my wife. She'll just hang on" when he brings up the options)
I would have been happy with my 650 Executive without the backrest and saved a little on the MRSP. I knew from the time I purchased it that a top box was going on it. I already had the top box, just had to order the rack mount. My backrest (sans the pad which another rider here on BurgmanUSA needed) is out in my garage. The only time period that my backrest was used was the time it took for my rack mount to come in (about a week).

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

1 - 19 of 19 Posts