Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what actual dealer cost is for, say 11s and 12s? There are still a few new ones in showrooms which will be 4-5 model years old in a couple months. I just talked to a dealer who insisted on his $8300 price for a new 11 with a straight face.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
You should be able to get an 11 for $6.500 plus tax and title MAX . 12 for maybe a few hundred more . That said there are dealers on CycleTrader.com already giving some pretty good discounts on 13 & 14's . If I were going to spend that much I would go all the way and get a newer model , but that's me .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to get an 11 for $6.500 plus tax and title MAX . 12 for maybe a few hundred more . That said there are dealers on CycleTrader.com already giving some pretty good discounts on 13 & 14's . If I were going to spend that much I would go all the way and get a newer model , but that's me .

TheReaper!
Reaper,

That probably makes economic sense. I haven't ridden a 13 or later, but I really liked my 12, so I see no reason to move up. I had no trouble rolling the 12 around the garage, (though I'm admittedly not as strong as I used to be) and I was very happy with its engine-braking characteristics. I suppose I should get a ride on a 13, but from what I know now, I think I would be perfectly happy with an 09-12.

I've done some extensive web searching and found that asking prices don't seem to vary much between 09s and 12s. It all depends on mileage. I get a sense that anything near or over 20,000 miles almost can't be given away because of the CVT stigma, and that's a real shame. I'm also kicking myself for letting my 12 with 11,000 miles go too cheaply.

Back to my original point...Does anyone know how much dealers have in their remaining 12s?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just bought a new 2013 for that price.... My dealer who is a good friend of mine, said his cost would be 9500 on a new 2014. Mine is not an EX. but is has the elec. mirrors, elec windshield, and the chrome pipe cover. Now from what I have read they are the only differences between the standard and the EX. Mine also does not have the 650 stickers with the Burgman...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you referring to the $8300 price the dealer wanted for his 11? Don't all 13s and later have ABS standard?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Can't speak to the question on how much dealers would be in for a consignment on a L1-L2 model. Different market to my location.

There are differences between the K3-L2 (2003-2012) Burgy 650's and the newer L3-L4 (2013-2014). Couple of key differences that I noticed right of the bat. The front OEM screen on the newer L3-L4's has a smaller profile and allows more air past than the older model OEM screen. Whereas I never cared much about some of the wind buffeting complaints that some experienced with the older model 650's, this might now be an issue with my L4. Time will tell. The frontal area of the tupperware on the newer model also has been trimmed and consequently more air gets past and onto my knees and legs in general compared to the protection of the older model. In a general sense I feel more air all round on the slimmer L4 compared with either my K3 or K7 executive models.

At the time earlier this year (March) while in NZ visiting family and friends there was a very low mileage L2 executive with many extras (large 55L Givi topbox with integrated brake light, heated grips, heated leg blanket) for private sale @ NZ$10K (new at the time would have been NZ17K). Owner had bought a new L3 so wanted out of the L2. I wanted to upgrade my K3 executive. I was very interested in the L2 for sale, but a couple of things held me back from completing the deal. One was I'd need to sell my K3, but I was just back in NZ on holiday for a few weeks, so didn't have time. Also the L2 was in the South island, and I was on the East coast of the North island, so logistics were not ideal due to timing. Lastly I wanted the new model, so I bought a new L4 for full MSRP (NZ$17.5K - with a few extras added; heated grips, luggage rack & top box) and traded the K3 getting the same amount back as what I paid for the K3 second hand eighteen months earlier.

While I like the L4 (especially the newer look), if I could do a do-over, I'd have gone for the near new L2 executive second hand, with all the extras, and saved myself a bundle. I shudder every time I see/read the low prices many things cost in the USA compared to the same item in either China, NZ or OZ - for the most part.

Although I realise different markets are, well, different, I do think that as more of the newer L3+ models penetrate markets the older models will likely drop in value. Same as what occurs with face-lift model vehicles of all kinds, usually older model values drop significantly, as supposedly 'every man and his dog' want the new looking model, resulting in the tired looking model being harder to move.

YMMV

·
Registered
426 Posts
I just bought a new 2013 for that price.... My dealer who is a good friend of mine, said his cost would be 9500 on a new 2014. Mine is not an EX. but is has the elec. mirrors, elec windshield, and the chrome pipe cover. Now from what I have read they are the only differences between the standard and the EX. Mine also does not have the 650 stickers with the Burgman...
From L3+ the executive model lines became blurred. The older model executive's pre-L2, had the electric screen & mirrors, ABS, passenger backrest and chrome exhaust accent covers, while the standard/regular model did not. These executive extras became the 'standard' from the L3+ models onwards, and for most markets the 'executive' moniker has been dropped. However there is still an L3+ 'executive' model as such, which adds the heated seat and grips as factory standard, but it is only offered in certain geographical locations. Gawd knows why, since nearly all of the locations where the new 'executive' model isn't offered get bloody cold too. NZ and OZ come to mind, which have some harsh cold winters, yet the new L3+ 'executive' model isn't offered. Can't even order it in on special consignment. I'm sure same goes for the USA?

I'd luv to be a fly sometimes and sit (ok, stand then since flies hardly ever sit - LOL) on a companies wall and listen in on the marketing and brain storming sessions, cause some companies come up with doozy marketing spin.

But then I guess if I had the ability to be a fly, I'd likely have other priorities, plus it would be near on impossible to type...
:p

·
Registered
175 Posts
The 2013-14 also get 15 percent better gas mileage.

My 2013 is now an Executive model since I've added the factory heated seat and grips. But I believe the 2013-14 Executive models sold in other countries also include the chipped ignition key feature and maybe the factory alarm. At least that is what I have seen in pictures and videos. Personally that is one feature I would not want as I've read the keys are very expensive and I seem to lose them.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Is it accurate to say that they now all have ABS?
I think that is true here in the USA. Not sure about other countries. My dealer also told me that all Burgman 650's sold here in the USA are the Executive models. Of course we don't get the heated seats or grips here (not even offered as an option). Have to get them on the grey market if we wan't the official Suzuki heated seats or grips.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
426 Posts
The 2013-14 also get 15 percent better gas mileage.

My 2013 is now an Executive model since I've added the factory heated seat and grips. But I believe the 2013-14 Executive models sold in other countries also include the chipped ignition key feature and maybe the factory alarm. At least that is what I have seen in pictures and videos. Personally that is one feature I would not want as I've read the keys are very expensive and I seem to lose them.

Ohhh, yes forgot about that. In NZ my L4 came with the chipped key. One red master key and two black topped slave keys. The red master key is important when needing copies made (locksmith rather than a key cutter). This would be the same in OZ too, as all vehicles must have immobilisers. Now there is a method that utilises a special device that can reverse engineer/program a key from another slave key... and that is one positive thing about China, that it's easy with technology in some ways, and not that expensive compared with other locations.
No alarm though on the NZ L3+.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Reaper,

That probably makes economic sense. I haven't ridden a 13 or later, but I really liked my 12, so I see no reason to move up. I had no trouble rolling the 12 around the garage, (though I'm admittedly not as strong as I used to be) and I was very happy with its engine-braking characteristics. I suppose I should get a ride on a 13, but from what I know now, I think I would be perfectly happy with an 09-12.

I've done some extensive web searching and found that asking prices don't seem to vary much between 09s and 12s. It all depends on mileage. I get a sense that anything near or over 20,000 miles almost can't be given away because of the CVT stigma, and that's a real shame. I'm also kicking myself for letting my 12 with 11,000 miles go too cheaply.

Back to my original point...Does anyone know how much dealers have in their remaining 12s?
I got a 13 and you can negotiate a good price plus 0.0% on a 13. 13 is the 10th anniversary for Burgman and had many changes made.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Reaper,

I got a 13 and you can negotiate a good price plus 0.0% on a 13. 13 is the 10th anniversary for Burgman and had many changes made. On 13 and 14 it's just a Burgman no longer do you have an Executive model. So they all include same gear electric windshield and mirrors. Also does better mileage due to modified transmission and engine.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back to my original point...Does anyone know how much dealers actually paid for those 12s, 13s and 14s that are slowly rusting in showrooms all over the country? There are 13s and 14s by the dozen on cycletrader in Florida alone. With 15s a month or so away, I wouldn't want to be a dealer with a batch of those on my floor plan.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Does anyone know what actual dealer cost is for, say 11s and 12s? There are still a few new ones in showrooms which will be 4-5 model years old in a couple months. I just talked to a dealer who insisted on his $8300 price for a new 11 with a straight face.
Not always a straight forward answer. The means while the bike has a dealer cost that can change if the manufacturer later offers dealer incentives to reduce its cost to move them out of any warehouses that are sitting on them.

Just another point...I'm only looking for an exec.
All 2011-2012's in the US are Exec models.

Is it accurate to say that they now all have ABS?
In the US for 2013-2014 they dropped the Exec name and only sell it as the 650 ABS. In other markets like Europe they still offer standard and Exec models.

There are 13s and 14s by the dozen on cycletrader in Florida alone. With 15s a month or so away, I wouldn't want to be a dealer with a batch of those on my floor plan.
Generally if the dealer doesn't sell them regularly they won't stock them because it costs them money to have it sitting there called flooring cost paid to a finance company since most dealers aren't going to be able to pay money up front for inventory.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts