Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a used 2011 650 with 1200 miles on it to replace my 2005. The guy had a receipt showing his initial service was done at 600 miles at the Hot Springs dealer.
I rode it a bit, and I didn't like the sound. The engine had nearly an extra quart of oil in it. The final gear had 450ml come out. It was pouring out of the fill plug when I removed it!
I presume the capacities haven't changed. I should have only had 300ml come out, right? I always did my 350 the "LeDude Way", adding only 300.

Not a welcome dealer bonus.

They changed plugs and I have that initial hesitation. I am betting the plug wire is not pushed on tight.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oil migration

I believe that some 650s have had an issue with crankcase oil migration into the transmission resulting in more oil coming out than its design capacity.......may want to search for more information using the search feature on this site......

TW

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I would bet my shirt that you would not suffer that amount of oil migration in so few miles.
Sounds more like a dealer service department issue - SNAFU.

·
Registered
153 Posts
For a second there I thought you had been to my dealership. Took my 2012 in to them for 600 miles service. the three things oil wise the worked on two were way over filled and the third(engine oil drain plug) was still loose. Have not been back to them since just got a survey from them so I will let them know in writing did tell them what they did but did not seem to be a big surprise to them. If they can't get oil changes done correctly why would they do any better on something major, just my opinion.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Like my dealer forgetting to tighten the swing arm bolts, (lost one, other was loose) and the axle nut ( triggered my abs) just doing a simple tire change! I think dealers should watch Mitches and LeDudes videos!

·
Registered
748 Posts
More and more dealers are pushing their techs to do volume turnover instead of quality work. :(
I am known around here to be pretty good with a wrench on snowmobiles, so one time while talking to my dealer he asked me to come work for him. He wanted me to school, but the thing was, it all revolved around the mechanic making the dealer money. I understand that's business, it just kind of struck me funny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts