Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Suzuki dealers are very supportive of the new Super scooter market. Some are even becoming very enthusiastic about it. My local dealer is doing quite well with scooter sales, and has been taking care of my maintenance needs.

But our forum members have also encountered dealers who are scooter ignorant, and even scooter hostile. Statements have allegedly been made by a few dealers that they will never have scooters on their floor, and won't service them either. That is entirely inappropriate. If a dealer snubs a Burgman owner, or a potential Burgman customer, we should have a way to report that to Suzuki, and Suzuki should take action to address that dealer's behaviour.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I bought my AN650 from a Honda dealer in Sierra Vista, AZ. It was slightly used and the owner simply traded it in for a Goldwing because all of his friends had Goldwings.

When I took it to Sierra Cycles (same city), the Kawasaki/Suzuki dealer, I learned from a staff person that the owner said, "I'll never have a scooter on this showroom floor." When I talked to the parts counter people they told me they could sell me parts, and they indeed sold me the correct oil filter for TWICE the price of the same oil filter at the Tucson store that sells Burgmans.

When I approached the service manager and told him I had just puchased a Burgman, he (I suspect) played coy. "What the hell is that?"
I said it's a Suzuki. Then he said they absolutely would not service it or work on it.

To their credit, they did enter the warranty transfer information. At least they said they did. However, I'v never received anything in the mail from Suzuki.

A few weeks later I returned to Sierra Cycles and asked them, again, why they didn't sell Burgmans. "No market for them down here." I pointed out that their competition down the road was selling Honda Silverwings, Reflexes, Elites, Metropolitans, and Yamaha Vinos quite briskly.

"Well," said the staff person, "I guess we could sell them, but we're not an authorized Burgman dealer."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.