Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around the SOC-UK site, and saw that one of their forums was titled "Dealer and Supplier recommendations". Seems it's a specific place for recommending good service, and warning of bad. As the weather starts to warm up in the northern hemisphere, and more of us start hitting the open road, might be kind of a nice to have a forum where you could take a quick look for dealers that could be trusted if you were to need one while traveling. I've always just counted on the dealer list offered by the manufacturer, or the yellow pages. Nothing like personal experience to let you know where you should, and shouldn't trust your bike. Just an idea...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill, I had forgotten that string, and I can sort of understand the concern about backlash for negative comments. I suppose then, by default, we can sort the good ones from the bad. It's kind of like, "If you can't say some thing nice, don't say anything at all." But after all, isn't it the responsibility of the dealer to insure good service, thus insuring good comments? If they don't, well, they get what they deserve. How about this then, a forum for praising good dealers, whether it be for sales, service, parts, or what ever. That way, all of our forum users can see at a glance who others are recommending.
Again, just an idea...curious what others might think.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I think the idea has merit, except with dealers so far apart, and most owners doing routine service them selves, you mite do better to just "pm" a close member and ask there opinion.

Bill"s a good example, he could be jumping up & down cursing his dealer, he's not because he knows it's not the dealers fault - someone else may see it different.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I am the one that submitted the original post and still believe that it would be a good idea. Some Dealers will bend over backwards for you while others really don't seem to want your business. If there was a section on dealers on this site that reflects positive experiences or great service dealers, then there shouldn't be any problems with liability or slander as it would all be positive. If a dealer searches the site and doesn't see anything about them on it, then maybe they will try extra hard to get a positive comment about them. I would make the section a "Members Only" section like the tavern to prevent dealers that are not members from seeing what their competition is doing to gain our business..

Just my two cents! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts