Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Dave_J could you give your opinion :

120 Soldier Seal wire connectors for $6

Use Code : DNS50OFF

·
Administrator
18,382 Posts
I have looked at those but have not tried them. You slide this connector over the long wire first then strip both wires, fan them out and twist tightly. Then slide the connector over and heat to melt the inside solder and glue to seal it. Simple.

But I'd go anal and presolder the twisted wires and then slide the connector over and heat. Just me.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have looked at those but have not tried them. You slide this connector over the long wire first then strip both wires, fan them out and twist tightly. Then slide the connector over and heat to melt the inside solder and glue to seal it. Simple.

But I'd go anal and presolder the twisted wires and then slide the connector over and heat. Just me.
I've used them and like them, but you've got to be careful and get the solder melted but not so much or so long it melts through the plastic sheath. An option would be to use one after first sliding on a separate piece of shrink tubing and shrink that on after the initial connection.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Hey T-Mobile customers ....it’s Tuesday get the coupon today for a Free Popeyes Chicken Sandwich and two pieces of Chicken ...Get the coupon today and use anytime this week.

Tell em Olive Oil sent ya !

121 - 127 of 127 Posts