Premium Member
4,279 Posts
Dave_J could you give your opinion :

120 Soldier Seal wire connectors for $6

Use Code : DNS50OFF

·
Administrator
22,422 Posts
I have looked at those but have not tried them. You slide this connector over the long wire first then strip both wires, fan them out and twist tightly. Then slide the connector over and heat to melt the inside solder and glue to seal it. Simple.

But I'd go anal and presolder the twisted wires and then slide the connector over and heat. Just me.

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have looked at those but have not tried them. You slide this connector over the long wire first then strip both wires, fan them out and twist tightly. Then slide the connector over and heat to melt the inside solder and glue to seal it. Simple.

But I'd go anal and presolder the twisted wires and then slide the connector over and heat. Just me.
I've used them and like them, but you've got to be careful and get the solder melted but not so much or so long it melts through the plastic sheath. An option would be to use one after first sliding on a separate piece of shrink tubing and shrink that on after the initial connection.

·
Premium Member
18,046 Posts
Dave_J could you give your opinion :

120 Soldier Seal wire connectors for $6

Use Code : DNS50OFF

these really require a hot air gun to get good results, and a curved tip so they sit inside the circluating air, used a bunch of them and had good results when working in a lab, not so much on a flight deck at 40 degrees ambient, 60 ft waves and green water coming over the bow

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts
these really require a hot air gun to get good results, and a curved tip so they sit inside the circluating air, used a bunch of them and had good results when working in a lab, not so much on a flight deck at 40 degrees ambient, 60 ft waves and green water coming over the bow
I’m more in a lab setting but would love to witness from a warm and safe distance the t/o and landings of a flight deck.... amazing team work.

I didn’t bump this thread but posted a deal for a Flush Mount Fast Charge USB Plug for our Glove Box outlet.
The system spit it out.

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts
4/9/21 $10 Torque Wrench (Have your buddy with a $200 Torque Wrench Confirm if it can be trusted)

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts
Good Deal on a pair of Premium Adjustable Size Bungie Straps $5.28
  • Protects cargo - pressure is evenly distributed across a wide band
  • Four times stronger than traditional bungees
  • Flat design prevents sliding and increases safety
  • Strong, coated steel hooks are stronger than conventional hooks
  • Strap adjusts from 10 inches to 48 inches

Please search Amazon for :

Reese Secure 9481300 Orange 10" - 48" Adjustable Fat Strap Bungee, 2 Pack

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome!

:)

I might just put a few of these to use in the coming months swapping out a 2003 400 engine with a 2005 once I make the deal in downtown Durham.

Is there any particular that I might need to be aware of in this engine swap?

thx,
CB

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts
Awesome!

:)

I might just put a few of these to use in the coming months swapping out a 2003 400 engine with a 2005 once I make the deal in downtown Durham.

Is there any particular that I might need to be aware of in this engine swap?

thx,
CB
I’d start a fresh post asking that and I’m sure someone will happily help you and your new wrenches do a swap.😃

·
Registered
105 Posts

Someone selling a 2020 burgman 400 with 300 miles on it for parts. Says he was in an accident and doesn't want to rebuild it. He's in Philadelphia, PA.

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts
50’ Air Hose and Reel at Walmart for $31.07

Briggs & Stratton BSAH107 3/8" x 50' Manual Air Hose Reel with Mounting Bracket:
  • Maximum operation pressure of 300 PSI
  • Lightweight design for easy mounting
  • The quick lock lets you easily disconnect the reel for easy transport
  • Includes 3/8" x 50' hose reel, handle and bottom base
  • Manual air hose reel features a quick lock for easy transport

·
Registered
105 Posts
50’ Air Hose and Reel at Walmart for $31.07

Briggs & Stratton BSAH107 3/8" x 50' Manual Air Hose Reel with Mounting Bracket:
  • Maximum operation pressure of 300 PSI
  • Lightweight design for easy mounting
  • The quick lock lets you easily disconnect the reel for easy transport
  • Includes 3/8" x 50' hose reel, handle and bottom base
  • Manual air hose reel features a quick lock for easy transport

Sold out already apparently. Bummer.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
15,200 Posts
121 - 140 of 149 Posts