Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would buy one today

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have to tell you folks that the Burgie's roll-off braking is very pronounced. This is good for saving your brakes, but not your ass.

Suzuki should have programmed the ECU to allow the tranny to freeweheel a bit during decel of greater than 1.5-2.0 G's. Alternativley, they could have programmed a relay to flash the brakes on throttle roll off above a certain speed.

My proposal is to build a prototype decel sensor that will be plug and play. Iti will connect to one of the brake (L or R) switches, and will flash the brake light a few times on hard decel. I have already found the sensor and will begin to start fabrication. I will test the prototype on my BurgerBoy.

After I prove the concept, I will have it manufactured in small quantuities if there are any interested parties.

My question to you: what would this be worth, is there any interest at all ?

Would you pay 50-75-100 ???

Personally, I think that the decel charachteristics of the bike are useful, but can be dangerous if you are in a tight traffic pattern at high speed and forget to feather the brakes. I am training myself to do this, but I think such a device might be essential.

If there are any electronic design folk in the MA-NH area that would like to collaborate, I'd be glad for the help, although the project isnt too complicated.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, ride the Evangeline trail.

seatec said:
I would be interested in one adm. Did i read where you are commin g up to NS this summer, drop in and say hi if you are near when you pass by.
Yes, I am going to try and take the CAT over from BAr harbor this spring...oh wait...it is sprring already! This cold rainy weather had me fooled..Its been raining for 2 weeks here.

What city you in ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts