Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Just got back from spending a week at Daytona during speed week.
We trailered the bikes to north carolina ( my 400 and 3 hayabusa 1300's).
We then unloaded and drove the last 400 miles or so. I got my 400 last october and had 1200 miles on it and really had not had much time on the freeway with it cause of short riding season here in michigan. I had done the valves myself about a week before and felt the engine was ready for
the test. Well, after taking a little noise about whether I would be able to keep up and whether they should go slower for me, I told them to just set there pace and if I couldn't keep up I knew where we we're going and not to worry about me and that I didn't think traffic would allow us to go too fast. The 400 performed like a champ, many miles were driven at speeds
of 80 to 85 on the speedo with some stints showing 95 when held wide open and the worst gas mileage being 48 mpg. Needless to say the hayabusa guys ( one my son) were impressed even though they wouldn't
say it and I got to rub it in a little when one of them had some troubles
with his dyno-jet ecu after 100 miles. I've had alot of motorcycles in the past and have always had a spot in my heart for scooters so this was a very sweet trip for me and at the end of the week the others were even
using my room under the seat to carry stuff they had bought but had no
way to carry. The weather was perfect for 4 days and then we had to leave, how sad, but I think I opened a few eyes about scooters and had a good time doing it, even had those guys wanting to use my storage under the seat, could go on forever but I gotta stop so don't be afraid to get out there and mix it up with with the guys on the big wheels cause it just makes it that much more enjoyable.
p.s. Got to test ride a an650, could have really opened some
eyes with that, sweet. Tom

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Way to go Tom!
I love opening the eyes of the sport and supersport riders.Way to go for waving the flag for us scooter riders. I'm really impressed as well with the top speed you were able to achieve. I assume the valve adjustment worked well :D
On the other note I'm extremely jealous that you got to go to bike week :cry: . That's definetely one trip I would like to make in the future. Did you see many (any) other Burgman while you were there?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Allwalk, Didn't see too many down there maybe 3 or 4 over the four days we were there. We spent most of our time around the speedway going to all the vendors displays. They are all down there and if you have the time and your bike or scooter with you they will install anything you want if time permits. All major bike makers were offering demo rides if you got there early enough because they booked up for the day real fast and thats how I got to ride the 650, Each demo ride was about 20 miles out into less crowded roads around the speedway led by a rep from that company. One thing I did notice was that the big scooters from suzuki did draw a steady string of people looking at them and seeming to like them, with most of them being older and able to appreciate the advantages of a scooter. I think suzuki would sell a lot more of them if they would advertise them more, most people had never seen them before and new very little about them. Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts