Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Wayne...

I have a 2009 Burgman 650, black with led under body lighting and a stainless Yoshimura exhaust. Seat heater, BMC filter, NGK iridium plugs and a redesigned screen are coming to my scoot real soon.

I live in Dayton, OH, but am originally from Cairns, Australia. I moved here June 2011.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey Wayne, welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

Sounds like a real nice bike. When did you get it? Miles on it? Years riding?

You will love this board and its wealth of knowledge. Ask about anything (except climate change) and you'll usually get an answer within a G'day. :cool:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Welcome Wayne,

I live south about 30 miles, on the north side of Cincinnati. Lots of Burgmans around here.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Welcome. I too am from the other side of the river, down in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Good bunch of people here btw.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
White Burgman 650 standard
3,157 Posts
Hi, I'm Wayne...

I have a 2009 Burgman 650, black with led under body lighting and a stainless Yoshimura exhaust. Seat heater, BMC filter, NGK iridium plugs and a redesigned screen are coming to my scoot real soon.

I live in Dayton, OH, but am originally from Cairns, Australia. I moved here June 2011.
Hey Wayne - how could you leave lovely Cairns for Dayton :confused:

I spend my winters here and love it even in the wet season. This might bring back some memories for you

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?151439-Down-Under-on-a-KLR-650-second-season

Would like to see pics of your 650 - sounds interesting.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome Wayne, and congrats on the new scoot! Don't listen to MacDoc - Dayton's a great place, particularly if you love museums.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Welcome, My son lives up there too.
Hate the fact your winter has been so harsh this year.
Spring is coming along with riding weather soon.
Ride Safe and Have Fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Wayne, welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

Sounds like a real nice bike. When did you get it? Miles on it? Years riding?

You will love this board and its wealth of knowledge. Ask about anything (except climate change) and you'll usually get an answer within a G'day. :cool:
Umm, it has about 47k miles on it. I've only had it. 1 year, but back home I rode modded 50cc scoots since about 2002.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Wayne - how could you leave lovely Cairns for Dayton :confused:

I spend my winters here and love it even in the wet season. This might bring back some memories for you

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?151439-Down-Under-on-a-KLR-650-second-season

Would like to see pics of your 650 - sounds interesting.
I see you rode the Gillies :) fun road huh? A group of friends and I used to ride to the lookout half way up Kuranda range road and race back down. I almost put my scoot and myself over the edge doing that thanks to brake fade lol...

Pics? Umm sure :) but this was pre-yoshimura days :( I'll get some updated ones for the board when I pull her out of storage
image.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to everyone else for the greetings, I hope this winter is over soon, I'm desperate to get riding again! :)

·
Registered
White Burgman 650 standard
3,157 Posts
Had nice 300k loop today up the Palmerston and the across to Mareeba and home.
Nice to be back riding - but I'm stiff - 5 months off and a wider ride

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had nice 300k loop today up the Palmerston and the across to Mareeba and home.
Nice to be back riding - but I'm stiff - 5 months off and a wider ride
Oh so you're over there right now? I'm jealous... lol.

Have you discovered the pizza/sports bar on the esplanade in Cairns called rattle and hum? It's between the night market and the McDonald's. If you haven't go check it out, best pizza in cairns and it has the most creative men's room I've ever seen too lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts