Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of ways to modify my 650 for the last year or so. My latest idea is my best yet (at least to me).

I want to modify the seat so that it is wider, lower, and just more comfortable. Since hubby dosen't like to ride, I thought that I could take out the underseat storeage and have a larger gas tank installed. It could fill from the rear. I would have a solo saddle with the option of a pillion seat when needed (like many cruisers). Have brackets for hard sidebags and trunk made so that I regain storage capabilities. The rear of the bike would probably end up either metal or fiberglass. I don't really like the fat tail end anyway. I'm just trying to approximate the cost in my mind and guess it might cost me as much to have done as the Burgman is worth. Probably not smart, but an idea.

:?: What to you all think? Doable, crazy, not so bad? :?:

Madonna

·
Registered
848 Posts
Personally I think it's a great idea. No matter what you want to do it will probably be quite 'spendy'. I do think there will be a huge market for custom body work and custom accessories like hard saddlebags for these big scoots. As good as they are they are not perfect for everybody. I really like your idea of a bigger tank and solo seat!
In the near future I believe there will be some incredible custom scooters on the streets, here is where it starts.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Rubble said:
...In the near future I believe there will be some incredible custom scooters on the streets, here is where it starts.
Everything old is new again.

The '50s are back!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Nice. I wonder who made the body? It must be a new bike, it has front and rear disk brakes.

Madonna, I think your idea is a good. Try it.

I was thinking of something similar, lower the driver's seat, elimintate the pass seat, rise the rear part of the seat pan to increase the rear area trunk space and have a driver's back rest (no extra fuel tank).

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
madonna said:
I've been thinking of ways to modify my 650 for the last year or so. My latest idea is my best yet (at least to me).

I want to modify the seat so that it is wider, lower, and just more comfortable. Since hubby dosen't like to ride, I thought that I could take out the underseat storeage and have a larger gas tank installed. It could fill from the rear. I would have a solo saddle with the option of a pillion seat when needed (like many cruisers). Have brackets for hard sidebags and trunk made so that I regain storage capabilities. The rear of the bike would probably end up either metal or fiberglass. I don't really like the fat tail end anyway. I'm just trying to approximate the cost in my mind and guess it might cost me as much to have done as the Burgman is worth. Probably not smart, but an idea.

:?: What to you all think? Doable, crazy, not so bad? :?:

Madonna

If you can afford a mod like that, go it all the way. Any other mod ideas you could send me would be cool. I am thinking of a way to make it easier to get to every engine part and still be looking good without looking like a raped duck. :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
roy_ryall said:
Nice. I wonder who made the body? It must be a new bike, it has front and rear disk brakes.
The body was made by Craig Vetter of Vetter Fairings fame. It's HD Sportster running gear in a Defiant Scooter frame.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Rubble said:
roy_ryall said:
The body was made by Craig Vetter of Vetter Fairings fame. It's HD Sportster running gear in a Defiant Scooter frame.
Sort of a Windjammer gone wild, eh?

I must admit that, while I wouldn't want one, it is kind of a neat looking machine in a 1950s, Buck Rogers sort of way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts