Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the Burgman is back up and running again - though I'm still not best friends with it yet - we went for a day out in North Yorkshire. The Tan Hill Inn a few miles from Hawes and in the middle of nowhere then on to Bolton Castle for a 5 minute rest then through Leyburn and on to the A1M and back home.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now that the Burgman is back up and running again - though I'm still not best friends with it yet - we went for a day out in North Yorkshire. The Tan Hill Inn a few miles from Hawes and in the middle of nowhere then on to Bolton Castle for a 5 minute rest then through Leyburn and on to the A1M and back home.
A couple of the close ups of the castle show the remains of the limewash they used to paint the castles, the Tower of London, known also as The White Tower was so called because it was brilliant white. Bolton Castle must have been even more imposing than it is now 800 years ago.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you happen to pass thru Linton-on-Ouse ?
They say it’s a quaint little village with a progressive future.
No, I'm afraid not, we got on the A1M at Bedale and called at a friends scooter shop in Barwick in Elmet. Linton has an RAF base I think although I don't recall going through but all the villages round York are pleasant places.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not only cheese, but ropes.

Just up the road is Aysgarth Falls, some distance from Nottingham, but anyway, they had a celebrity moment.

Every time we've gone there, the water has almost gone away!
Poor quality pic, scanned from original faded paper - 1980s.
View attachment 99137
Yes, a lot of the streams in the area are quite low, we go up to the upper reaches of the River Wharfe with our Grandchildren a couple of times a year, take the Hawes road out of Kettlewell then take a left fork about 5 or 6 miles up, it's a nice ride up that way on the bike as well.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Penny Garth cafe, in Hawes. first rate place when the weather's right.
Which it isn't, always. :(

Ribblehead, which OP will know.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle
And on another day..... Early 80's. young and daft, Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
59 Posts
All photos are captured very nicely you both are looking awesome, Hope you have much more trips together with Burgman 😊

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All photos are captured very nicely you both are looking awesome, Hope you have much more trips together with Burgman 😊
We're going to try and get out every Thursday from now on, I wanted to go up to the Lakes today but sodding Lambretta repairs got in the way so from next week I'm only doing 2 days on other people's stuff, two days on my own stuff and every Thursday out somewhere on the moped (Burgman 😁) so it's the Lakes next Thursday and a visit pencilled in to the Lakeland Motor Museum so expect lots of photos from there and other places in the Lake District, Coniston Water first, then onto Windermere then back over the pass to Ullswater and back home through Hawes and the Dales. About 350 miles so it'll be a long day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We're going to try and get out every Thursday from now on, I wanted to go up to the Lakes today but sodding Lambretta repairs got in the way so from next week I'm only doing 2 days on other people's stuff, two days on my own stuff and every Thursday out somewhere on the moped (Burgman 😁) so it's the Lakes next Thursday and a visit pencilled in to the Lakeland Motor Museum so expect lots of photos from there and other places in the Lake District, Coniston Water first, then onto Windermere then back over the pass to Ullswater and back home through Hawes and the Dales. About 350 miles so it'll be a long day.
You have selected a good road map to enjoying multiple sceneries including the lake :love: Best of luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts