Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still loving it. Keep in mind I own and ride a 2012 Harley Street Glide also.

Passed a HD on the way in this morning as cars were also. When he saw me the HD guy nails it and so did I. Let's just say I am the one why rode away with the bigger grin ;-)
The non-DOT helmet head did not like that at all. LOL LOL

My saying... Have a 10$ head then wear a 10$ helmet

2012 HD SG
New to me Burg 650
2009 150cc Ruckus
2005 50cc Met

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a buddy of mine that owns a Harley Ultra Classic and a Road King ( ChaChing $$$$) and I asked him what he thought of my 650. He likes it although he picks on me for riding rice but he said " I'm not going to hammer you about the Burgman, I've been passed by one". My experience so far has been pretty positive about the 650 overall, most guys wave back as I wave at them. My thoughts are enjoy what you ride, that's why you are on the thing in the first place.

Greg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg, Does it sound like I am having fun with my Burgmam? My plan is to ride it to work every day.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Greg, Does it sound like I am having fun with my Burgmam? My plan is to ride it to work every day.
Been doing that for years first with my 400 & now with my 650. ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I happened to encounter some kind of Harley yesterday on the road going around Santa Fe. He entered the on ramp in front of my B400. I maintained my speed of 75 mph and went by him. He was obviously not pleased, gassed it and passed me. I accelerated to max rpm of 9,000 and passed him back. At the next stop he gave me a 'thumbs up' and a grin. He has a newfound respect for scooters, I think.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm planning to use my burgman for commuting back and forth to work too.
This morning, I also passed up a HD and he didn't like it I guess. He speeds up and at the same time, while I'm watching him catch up in my mirror, I hit the gas and he never caught up lol.
He kept trying so I just backed off and let him pass me up so he can get a good look at what he struggled to try to pass up. Lol I know I left him thinking. ����

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hello. What year is your Burgman? I have a 2011. It has 6 gears in manual. When I get in 6th and 5500 rpm I am running 95. A lot of Harleys will try and stay with me. They Will do 1 of 3 things. Tray and stay with me and after 20 miles they pull off the the side of the interstate. Locked up motor , overheating. Pass me and pull of at the next exit, overheating. or stay behind me for about 5 miles then slow down, overheating. The Burgman has a glorified water cooled lawn mower engine. I will run at 6000 rpm all day long and not even breath hard.

I consider it the best mid size step through touring motorcycle made.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If you really want to pee them off... :D

Drop into riding formation with them, in the back, like you're part of their pack. When they speed up, show how you can keep up. Just a few miles. When they figure they can't shake you, they'll usually slow down and waive you to pass by. Hee, Hee, Hee.

Do this at your own pearel. Los Angeles is a big place and doubtful you'd run into them again. Smaller towns, not so much.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you really want to pee them off... :D

Drop into riding formation with them, in the back, like you're part of their pack. When they speed up, show how you can keep up. Just a few miles. When they figure they can't shake you, they'll usually slow down and waive you to pass by. Hee, Hee, Hee.

Do this at your own pearel. Los Angeles is a big place and doubtful you'd run into them again. Smaller towns, not so much.

That's too funny bro. I've done that before with my old burgman. They totally trip out that not only can you keep up with them, but then pull away like nothing. Lol well, unless the guy is riding a V-Rod, then you done. Lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All, Please consider I also ride a 2012 HD Street Glide... I know what HD's can do and I know what my Burger can do... My smile is just a wide when I am on either one. But, for my 60 mile round trip commute can not beat the Burger.

Oh, and I still have not missed a commute day on it

Peace
A

·
Registered
162 Posts
B4 my Burger I used my half ton hemi dodge to commute.
I have not missed a day yet and I think I am saving about 200$ a month in gas....

Now that's a grin :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
All, Please consider I also ride a 2012 HD Street Glide... I know what HD's can do and I know what my Burger can do... My smile is just a wide when I am on either one. But, for my 60 mile round trip commute can not beat the Burger.

Oh, and I still have not missed a commute day on it

Peace
A
I have a Yamaha 1100 V-Star, pewter in colour, fully dressed and chromed out. It's a beautiful bike and I love to ride it. It's a different ride, but the grin is much the same when one is motoring down the highway in style. I sold my 125 Vino, which was lots of fun and infinitely better in town than either the 650 Burgman or 1100 V-Star, which are both the same size and weight. Little scooters generate another kind of grin, like every other bike.

One of the great things about the Burgman is that it crosses all lines. It's not a sports bike, yet the styling suggest something similar and for the most part, the Burgman will keep up. It's not a "scooter" in the sense that it dwarfs a Vino or Vespa. It's not a cruiser, but it is meant to cruise and does it better, IMHO, than my cruiser. Once the people on Harleys and Goldwings see it and can get a measure of it, they are usually impressed, as are the people on Ninjas and Gixxers when they see how well it hangs in the corners. Hopefully you will get some days to head for the hills and try the Burgie in the twisties. It does very well there.

Enjoy your Burgman. It's a great bike. In the meantime, when you are on your Harley, remember to wave at the scooters.

Ride safe
Scott Fraser
Calgary

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hello. What year is your Burgman? I have a 2011. It has 6 gears in manual. When I get in 6th and 5500 rpm I am running 95. A lot of Harleys will try and stay with me. They Will do 1 of 3 things. Tray and stay with me and after 20 miles they pull off the the side of the interstate. Locked up motor , overheating. Pass me and pull of at the next exit, overheating. or stay behind me for about 5 miles then slow down, overheating. The Burgman has a glorified water cooled lawn mower engine. I will run at 6000 rpm all day long and not even breath hard.

I consider it the best mid size step through touring motorcycle made.
I had a Softail pass me on the Everett Turnpike yesterday...I was running ~75 (80-81 indicated, 7400RPM), he was 2-up and probably doing 85...I went about 40 miles; lost sight of him quickly & never caught him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts