Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Here's a link to the G-tech Pro. I have one in my car and it's really cool. You just plug it in the cig lighter and it records time/speed/distance/rpm. It down loads all kind of useful information. I haven't tried it on the Burgman yet.

http://www.gtechpro.com/prod.html

Thanx
Russ

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Russ Schaeffer said:
Guys,

Here's a link to the G-tech Pro. I have one in my car and it's really cool. You just plug it in the cig lighter and it records time/speed/distance/rpm. It down loads all kind of useful information. I haven't tried it on the Burgman yet.

http://www.gtechpro.com/prod.html

Thanx
Russ
How the heck can that work? I looked at the site, and the cigarette lighter cord is used to power the device - but I doubt that it can draw data on rpm, speed, acceleration, etc. through the lighter socket. The website is very scant on technical info. If it really does all that accurately, without a complicated installation, it's probably worth the $200 cost - especially since you could transfer it easily between vehicles.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow - I guess that inside there is an accelerometer, and somehow it calculates rpm from signals it gets from the vehicle's electrical system by examining impulses in the cigar socket??
From the G forces and the rpm it can then calculate other data - sounds pretty clever. Never seen anything like that, must be a handy tool!

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you check the FAQs you will find that it has not been tested with bikes, ATVs, snowmobiles etc. It may work but not all functions will be available.
Too bad!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It works very slick. You have to calibrate the rpms at two test points and I'm not sure how accurate that is but it is fairly close depending on how well you calibrate it. It has 3 G meters and they calibrate themselves after one test run. The amount of data you get is fantastic. The only problem for the Burgman would be that it needs a high G start to get the data collection to start, the Burgman my be a little too lazy to trip it.

Thanx
Russ

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Is it helpful in finding the G spot? :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts