Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about this stuff:

I'm starting to hate it. Other than being ugly, it does'nt allow me to lower the handlebar ('cause it will hit the mirrors in closed position). So I'd like to remove and replace it with a potentiometer in a more convenient position.

As i need to keep my burg ready and running, i need to prepare my mods before going on the scooter, so I'd like to have some data about it BEFORE removing it, but i can't find any: how much OHM is it? how much watts it handle? Do any of you guys have any source of data for it?

·
Registered
514 Posts
why don't you take the handlebar covers off and see how much cable there is. May be able to move it and stick it on the dash somewhere. If the cable to the LH bar is too short just cut it and extend it. Simplest solution

·
Registered
870 Posts
The heaters are going to draw at least a couple of amps. Assuming that the controller is just a simple pot that directly reduces the current to the grips, I'm guessing the pot is going to be under 5 ohms and will have to able to sink at least 10 or 15 watts, so that's going to be a hard thing to find in the real world. I'd say you're best bet is just to move that one. Or you could buy an Oxford Heaterz controller and wire that in, but hard to tell if it's actually smaller than the one you have now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts