Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner of a 2012 400 Ltd here, can't ride yet due to an accident with a previous bike so am sitting at home fussing over the bike and reading forums. So far I have not found much information about the little storage bins on top of the dash and I'm wondering if you can open them while driving on the highway without everything being sucked out by the slipstream? I'd like to keep lemon drops, chapstic, nutrition bars etc handy for use without stopping and this looks like it may be the perfect place. I read another posting about putting some of that electronic sticky pad stuff in the bottom of them to keep things from rattling around so maybe that will make what I want to do possible. Sorry to ask such an easily answered question but I can't ride yet. :(

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wouldn't ya know it minutes after posting this I found some info on the topic in the 650 section...

"I agree, looking at the 650 vs the 400 with the little compartments, 400 wins hands down, no 'popping open and stuff flying out' happening with those."

Hope this helps some other questioning newbie!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Most things would be okay in the leafthand compartment. The righthand compartment is pretty useless while underway unless you are a contortionist, or want to take your hand off the throttle.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, right hand is for ear plugs, air gauge, etc but with my throttle lock I could still play with it if I had to :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
I had some sheets of 1/8" black foam with sticky on the back. I just cut to size, peeled off the back, and placed in the bottom of the box. Very nice. I could mail you a sheet?
I keep hard candy in the left side box, but found it's too dangerous to try to grab one while moving. Quick and easy when you stop though.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
New owner of a 2012 400 Ltd here, can't ride yet due to an accident with a previous bike so am sitting at home fussing over the bike and reading forums. So far I have not found much information about the little storage bins on top of the dash and I'm wondering if you can open them while driving on the highway without everything being sucked out by the slipstream? I'd like to keep lemon drops, chapstic, nutrition bars etc handy for use without stopping and this looks like it may be the perfect place. I read another posting about putting some of that electronic sticky pad stuff in the bottom of them to keep things from rattling around so maybe that will make what I want to do possible. Sorry to ask such an easily answered question but I can't ride yet. :(
SORRY...........But.you have nothing to do and are just thinking way too much!!! If I had to worry about stuff like that, I would never get to ride.. God.I even ride my 400 when it is - D I R T Y.......!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to bother you v8eyedoc, I would love to ride a dirty bike or any bike at all but with 3 broken ribs, a separated shoulder and a broken left wrist all I can do is think about riding.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Sorry to bother you v8eyedoc, I would love to ride a dirty bike or any bike at all but with 3 broken ribs, a separated shoulder and a broken left wrist all I can do is think about riding.
NO........!!!!! I am the one who should be sorry with all of your health problems......AND...I apologize to you!!! Get well quickly.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apology accepted, and I know you meant no ill will anyways, as my niece would say to me "suck it up princess" :director: I should have said "injuries" instead of accident in the original posting but I'm trying to lessen the whining and complaining.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's funny my daughter calls me princess and I'm 52 years old. I tell her no I am a prince and I ride The White Knight. (color of the burg)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Kimbo4, makes me wonder why one would be fumbling around in the glove boxes when going down the road, wouldn't that be looking for a accident to happen. :confused:

John

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
That's funny my daughter calls me princess and I'm 52 years old. I tell her no I am a prince and I ride The White Knight. (color of the burg)
I guess I'll tell my granddaughter I ride "The Silver Steed".

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Kimbo4, makes me wonder why one would be fumbling around in the glove boxes when going down the road, wouldn't that be looking for a accident to happen. :confused:

John
On the pre-'13 650s, each of the upper glove boxes will hold a 500ml (16.9 oz) water bottle. Get ones with the pull-to-open valve tops (as on dish detergent bottles) and it's easy to get at the one on the left without really looking, and drink from it while underway. A quick stop later lets you swap the full bottle on the right for the empty one on the left, and you're off again. (You need a helmet without a chin-bar -- or a modular one you can open while at speed -- to do this, though.)

That's one reason to mess with the contents of the glove boxes while underway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts