Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hahaha! We moved into this crib 3 years ago the garage was one of the top reasons I gave the nod, figured the PO was a likeminded man. I’ve been very fortunate In adulthood not have any parts left but back in the 80’s different story. I found the fancy plugs cheap on eBay they don’t look like knock offs? Ha! I went cheap with the shinkos so I’m even for now!

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Couple hours to finish up today. Thank you Cycle Gear of Peoria for installation of stem and skin. Rode around block couple times feels lighter. Looking forward to get them going!

Attachments

· Premium Member
813 Posts
I installed the same valve stem. Mine is so close to the rim, I find difficulty getting the air chuck seated properly without touching/scraping the wheel. :mad:

Maybe I bought the wrong type?

Your bike is looking sharp, ready to roll.

· Registered
2014 Burgman 400
1,161 Posts
I installed the same valve stem. Mine is so close to the rim, I find difficulty getting the air chuck seated properly without touching/scraping the wheel. :mad:

The OP or DS stem look hard to access also ??, they appear to be "True 90 degrees", were most I have purchased are approx. 85 degrees when installed, even though they are labeled 90. :unsure:, my oem rear SW600 stem is very hard to access, I use one those plastic valve stem extensions, keep one on bike toolkit, JIC. (y)

· Premium Member
2,375 Posts

Your bike is looking sharp, ready to roll.
Quite right (and see the response from @zrx212, above, too).

As I have said many times in assorted threads here, for these kind of, sort of, almost, right-angle stems, I strongly recommend the high-quality, 80-something-degree, products from either Kurvey Girl or SoundRider, both of which I have used on various bikes. For links and additional discussion, see:

Amazon and eBay and suchlike have their uses, but this is not a case where folks should be trying to save a few dollars. My continued recommendation to others is to go with KG or SR for those valve stems.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts