Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have changed jobs and the Scoot is my daily the last 6 months. I have noticed the dash back light seems to flicker a bit not sure if it’s because it’s dark in the A.M. or it’s the outside temp? This picture represents the temp does not show the question I have. Other wise is runs great other then F1 flashes. Any input would be appreciated!
Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Trip computer Motor vehicle

· Registered
34 Posts
That's not his FI light, that's his abs light.

Slight flicker on the lights may indicate your idle rpm isn't high enough

On another note, I see your oil light, like mine, doesn't like to be on while the engine isn't running. I'm curious what our problem is

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
jacob. I think I would open another thread and do some serious investigationg why your oil light isn't on. if I remember right , it should olluminate during the sweep, then go out then come back on and if it doesn't come back on, you are NOT WARNED in case of a serious problem

Reactions: Dave_J

· Registered
263 Posts
Oil light (bulb) might be blown. ABS light flickering (when moving) could be damage to the sensor ring meaning it wobbles as a result of damage. I damaged my rear sensor ring as a result of forgetting to remove disc lock. Problem was cured when I simply bent the sensor ring back to straight. I would be seriously worrying about that high temp gauge, but that does not seem to be the reason for your post?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fiddled with battery…Flickr is gone but F 1 is still around. Cold start stumbles for 5 seconds then catches its breath. Has to be normal ? Coming from a Vstrom couple years back did not act this way.

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Nah, 5 sec is too long, maybe 3 need to capture that F1

· Administrator
18,249 Posts
I found that 420 and doing technical work never mixed. I am not against 420 at the right times. My daughter borrows from my stash all the time :( ;)

Around 1995, I worked for a cabling company and we were doing Cat5 cabling for a MAJOR Coffee company in Seattle and the team was 7 guys including the foreman. We had to average 110 Cat5 data Ethernet cables per day to keep on schedule. We worked from 6 PM till 4 AM Mon-Fri when the Coffee company staff were gone.

Before "LUNCH" we had done maybe 60 wall jacks and they all passed testing. During lunch, 5 of the team, including the foreman got BAKED ROYAL. In the next 4 hours we completed another 55 jack and only 20 passed testing, just the 20 that the two team members that did not get baked. We had to redo all 35 that night before going home and again, only 14 pass testing, all from the unbaked team members. Those two members refused to do any more as we were NOT getting paid overtime to fix their junk.

The Foreman got called into the Office and lied that me and the other member did all the bad jacks and refused to fix them. So we both got fired...... until we explained what went on. They did not fire the Foreman or the others right then.
But they moved me and the other guy to a different project and moved 2 others to that job.

Yes it was Narc'ing or get fired and I needed the job. I was not going to get fired for their screwups.

In the next 2 weeks that crew were so far behind due to testing failures. The Office manager and 1 owner of our company showed up one night around 9 PM unannounced and caught them all toking in the parking garage and fired the whole crew.

Reactions: Rusty J

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was 420 this morning when I took the rear off and brought old and new shinko to CG for the mount. I worked in medical logistics for 5 years and that was a no/no and now semi retired for laid back outfit. not @ work or riding of course!
Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Wheel Hood

I work for more laid back outfit. I have always been more detailed when 420.

· Premium Member
884 Posts
I’m a idiot no matter anyway!
Very neat, clean & organized. Let us know what your thoughts are after some miles on the Shinko's.
I have run them on other bikes, and I was quite impressed although the tread design on the Shinko Raven was very loud. I'm told that was due to the tread design on just the Raven only. Other than the noise, no complaints.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Completed this morning. Definitely will give my $.2 in. Had shinko on the vstrom and they were a great option for the paper. Around $130 all in including mounting and smalls I needs to purchase.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

· Premium Member
884 Posts
I was 420 this morning when I took the rear off and brought old and new shinko to CG for the mount. I worked in medical logistics for 5 years and that was a no/no and now semi retired for laid back outfit. not @ work or riding of course! View attachment 102784
I work for more laid back outfit. I have always been more detailed when 420.
Looking good, as long as no extra parts in the magnetic tray :)

· Premium Member
884 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts