Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,323 Posts
When riding in the rain is when a Car tire is BEST. It does NOT slide out as easy as a motorcycle tire, at least on the 650. With a MT I could spin the back out but NEVER happens with a CT.

SNOW is even better. :p Does Cyprus get any snow???
while we don't get as much rain as dave gets, it does rain a little here, and I agree with dave, I've lost traction once or three times on a mc tire in the wet, not yet on a ct haven't tried it in snow, waiting on the weather.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Super Moderator
918 Posts
I dont ride hard like some others ive seen. I should be ok. Ill get an extra rim and install a ct on it. But im worried regarding rain on turns/being on the edge and just losing my balance . So for peace of mind ill ride winter with a regular tire.
Call me crazy but I run the same tires year round. We do not get much snow in NE Texas but we do see some ice and a fair amount of rain. My uncallibrated butt tells me there was no difference in the feeling of being hooked up to the road using a rear CT. I have ridden in snow with it, rain is a given and for me, I prefer the CT. It seems to push the water out of the way better than the OEM tire. You can find some detractors of the CT on a bike if you look but I would suggest that of those that have used it, most would give a favorable review of it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yes definitely am giving it a go. Were not allowed to by law mount ct but what im doing is gegtong another rim. So if a cop pulls me over, ill first try to inform him of why and if he wants to give me a citation ill ask to give me 24 hours to mount a mt and just swap it back, Goto the police station, then swap back.
1/3 price of a mt. And much more mileage on it. Thats insane its like 600% more expensive if you calculate youre getting 3 mt for the price
We get screwed over on many things vs car items

·
Premium Member
8,323 Posts
Yes definitely am giving it a go. Were not allowed to by law mount ct but what im doing is gegtong another rim. So if a cop pulls me over, ill first try to inform him of why and if he wants to give me a citation ill ask to give me 24 hours to mount a mt and just swap it back, Goto the police station, then swap back.
1/3 price of a mt. And much more mileage on it. Thats insane its like 600% more expensive if you calculate youre getting 3 mt for the price
We get screwed over on many things vs car items
the cost of a rear rim may make this prohibitive, I've been looking for a spare and they are aalmost as spendy as a third girlfriend

·
Registered
451 Posts
What is the spend rate from 1st to 2nd to 3rd girlfriend? Does it scale up or down? I don't know this now because The Warden won't let me have a girlfriend. But in the future, well, I predict a jailbreak.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts