Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
21,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I ordered a Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 155/65R14 75T BSW from Tire-Easy and in the pictures it shows STUDS and in all the verbiage it talks about STUDS. Well it arrived yesterday while I was at work and guess what??? NO STUDS. I called Tire-Easy and asked why and their answer is "They will not sell ANY tire in the USA with studs as they were under the impression that it is ileagel to have STUDDED tires in the USA." HUH? WTH??? :mad:

The only reason I paid $88 for this tire was it was STUDDED. I could have ordered a Blizzak for the same price if I wanted STUD-LESS. They will take this tire back and they pay the return shipping but then I am out a tire when I need one NOW.

I also shopped around today and all winter tires are on backorder, wonder why?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dave there is a Dunlop ap snow and ice tire 165/65/14 in stock at tirerack.com at least that's what the website says. But you better call before you order, I ordered the Michelin they accepted the order took the money when I called 2 days later to ask how long it would take on shipping they told me it was discontinued and they would not be getting anymore, took 3 days before they put my money back in my account.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Dave, on different forums I have read about guys buying the studs and installing them.
Some of them gave suppliers and stud sizes and other useful information.
Bad news is I don't remember which forums.
Besides googling and such,
try
http://www.yearroundriders.com/

http://www.advrider.com/
If I find others, I will add them.
Oh, and it was 70+ today in Hartwell so what would anyone want with studded tires??? :D

·
Administrator
21,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sean, I have found about 4 suppliers of Carbide studs but they average about $1 per stud.

I just want that ZZZZZZZZ sound that studded tires make. :D Really, I do ride in weather that may have black ice forming without any warning.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Gee Dave, I thought you wanted to see the sparks while you were doing burnouts!!!!:D

·
Administrator
21,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey Dave , I really value your input to the forum but a studded tire?? does this mean your going to ride on ice & that white stuff?? I think the burgy is one of the worst on any loose stuff like sand or mud can't imagine it on ice at all! I wrecked my '73 Mach 1 in '74 on studded snows & never had them since . I think of you every time I grab my bar weights and there still nice & tight. Mark

·
Administrator
21,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark, I will not be doing any joy riding in the icy conditions. Its a precaution for if I am out on my commute and run up on some ice and snow. I have had my Burgmans out on snow many times due to changing weather conditions. It really sucks to have snow cover the shield and you must reach over and scrape it down to see ahead.

The Bar end modification is an easy one and if anyone has sagging ones I can always repost or find the old post and bump it forward.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts