Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....!! Do you happen to mean something like - THESE?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
OK......!! Try riding this "BEAST"............. TIPS THE SCALES AT CLOSE TO 1400 LBS - holds 11 gallons of fuel - Chevy v8 racing engine with 355 HP...AND...NO shifting either!!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,384 Posts
Ken, UH NO!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Dave_J said:
Ken, UH NO!!!!! :D
The poor stallion...............IS now - a gelding........!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
18,384 Posts
I would worry that one of those balls would roll sideways and down you'd go and then get run over by it. Add a third ball, paint it PINK with Yellow rollers and I may do it. :D

I've had my Burgman 650 up to 115 MPH many times with the car tire on back so thats a real 115 MPH.

I have ridden a Harley 1200 Drag bike running 80% Nitro at over 170 MPH on a Car Drag Slick. We did not have Motorcycle slicks back then. We tried to run a Nitro injected Keith Black 508 CI V8 wheel-stander but we could never get sanctioned. It had a 2 speed Powerglyde with a clutch. I would go make a 1/2 track pass with the front wheel off the ground and cross the finish line at 180 MPH coasting. The bike was 10 feet long and the wheelie-bar was 15 feet long. I love Nitro. Burns the eyes though.

Every Tuesday, weather permitting, I would ride on the German Autobahn for 1/2 hour, have lunch with some buddy's and and make it back for 1300 Formation. He was 60 miles away and I had 1 1/2 hour lunch breaks. Over 130 MPH both ways.

I tried to ride a Unicycle down a 12% grade. Made it about 400 feet and crashed. Had to be doing 45 MPH when I lost it. Broke my right arm and tons of road rash.

Some things in life kinda Neuter's ya when ya gets older.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Not terribly practical (the "tires" will be a bit expensive to replace when worn out, at least).

On the other hand, with sufficiently sophisticated controllers, it could not only spin in place, but also go sideways.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
+1

It will have to have computer controls to make it rideable. I'm sure it would be a hoot.

But the tires... Horrible to replace. Either go very hard compound, increasing interval for harsh ride - or soft compound with frequent changes. That's a big obstacle for the practical rider. If they ever go beyond prototype, the only one who will have one in their garage is Jay Leno.

I got the joke about "it takes balls" - in that context, the Boss Hoss does not take balls to ride at all. Maybe very small ones if you consider the bearings to be balls. :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dave_J said:
... Add a third ball, ...
That would give you vertical stability, but you would still have the flexibility of the drive motors and controller. Set it up with a joystick.
Think of the control - spin in place, turn with differential drive speeds (ala tracked vehicles), sideways motion for parking.

·
Administrator
18,384 Posts
SPS Tools said:
[quote="Dave_J":3uww1rmk]... Add a third ball, ...
That would give you vertical stability, but you would still have the flexibility of the drive motors and controller. Set it up with a joystick.
Think of the control - spin in place, turn with differential drive speeds (ala tracked vehicles), sideways motion for parking.[/quote:3uww1rmk]

And water flotation I bet. :D

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
To Dave J. "I would worry that one of those balls would roll sideways and down you'd go and then get run over by it. Add a third ball, paint it PINK with Yellow rollers and I may do it. " CAN YOU IMAGINE GETTING RUN OVER BY A ROLLING TESTICLE.??? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Seeing this spherical wheeled bike reminds me a bit of scenery from the film I, Robot. The "product" trailers in the film had spherical wheels so if control and adequate suspension were implemented it could work. But the wheel cages would need to be perpendicular to the road at all time to prevent the balls slipping out the side. Keep em covered, keep em in :blackeye:

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Batman's motorcycle is cooler.

However I can't figure out how long he could actually ride with the cape flapping around the engine and drive mechanism....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts