Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Dark side tire mounting problem

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  combs6136 
#1 ·
I have a local tire shop trying to mount my new tire....Had it on and off two times...Cleaned rim and lubed and won't seal all the way...He put 100 lbs. on it and left it overnight......No luck...This morning he took it back off and lubed it again....Remounted and has it out in the sun ...No luck.............any suggestions.............carl

#2 ·
Which model scooter...what size wheel...
name of tire ???

#3 · (Edited)
name of tire ???
Do you want to talk it into seating the bead? (Just kidding)

It took close to 100 psi on my 650, and I can see that combs6136 has a 650 as well.

Did you buff the rim like Dave_J adviced, Carl?

Carl, No mod's needed. It is a very tight fit but it will go on the motorcycle rim. I used a very fine buffing wheel and polish to make my rim like a mirror surface. Then use plenty of tire lube down in the valley and bead areas of the rim.

#5 ·
Finally....It took 150 lbs. to seal one side and 160 lbs. for the other...I had to go to a truck shop that had a safety cage to do the inflating...It is working great.....I haven't had it over 60 yet, but it handles great, even in gravel............2 hrs to take it off the scooter and 2 hrs to put it back on........Never again.......................Now for some road trips.................carl.

#6 ·
finally....it took 150 lbs. To seal one side and 160 lbs. For the other...............................now for some road trips.................carl.
WOW!!! What brand of tire?

#11 ·
You've destroyed that tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.