Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 650 Burgman from a gentleman who had to stop riding for health reasons. He included a Danson trike kit (dual shocks each side!) that he had removed several years ago. I’m cleaning it up and want to make sure it’s complete before selling the kit. Does anyone have detailed installation pictures or a pdf manual available?
Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Found the following on triketalk.com dated 12/20/18:

From what I know Danny Johnston sold Danson about two years ago. I do know a few places that still sells the kits mostly out on the west coast. It was a good set and Danny improved the set over the last few years. Early years he had bracket issues with plenty of stress on the fiberglass body the brackets would just give way.

Then he figured it out and the new brackets didn't break any longer. I had a 2005 Burgman 650 had it four years and sold it. Had bracket issues a few times one time half of the back end fell off on a ride. Then the back tire had issue went to a car tire. After Danny fixed the bracket issue and I put a new car tire on it no more problems. The bike was stable as can be then I sold the bike to buy yet another one this time with a true trike set from Trinity.

I bought a 2010 Burgman 650 Executive and again Trinity was a junk set until I had the entire set redone by my buddy. Now it rides great with no problems at all.

Good luck finding a Danson trike but it is a great set if you get a 2010 or newer but get a car tire for the drive tire.

There might be some other stuff I can find.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Danson Accessories Campbellsville, KY 270 403 5970 or maybe 5976 youtube.com "getting wuffy repaired in kentucky".
That's all I found in a short time. Piqued my curiosity and made me smile looking at pix of Burg trikes. I hope I live long enough to need one. I also found a few for sale. If you find a current ad maybe ask the seller if they have an instruction sheet they could copy for you. Happy research.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bcalan- THANKS very much for the info! I didn't want the kit, but he insisted that it goes with the Burg. I just hope that someone else can use it and want to make sure that I deliver as complete a package as possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Found the following on triketalk.com dated 12/20/18:

From what I know Danny Johnston sold Danson about two years ago. I do know a few places that still sells the kits mostly out on the west coast. It was a good set and Danny improved the set over the last few years. Early years he had bracket issues with plenty of stress on the fiberglass body the brackets would just give way.

Then he figured it out and the new brackets didn't break any longer. I had a 2005 Burgman 650 had it four years and sold it. Had bracket issues a few times one time half of the back end fell off on a ride. Then the back tire had issue went to a car tire. After Danny fixed the bracket issue and I put a new car tire on it no more problems. The bike was stable as can be then I sold the bike to buy yet another one this time with a true trike set from Trinity.

I bought a 2010 Burgman 650 Executive and again Trinity was a junk set until I had the entire set redone by my buddy. Now it rides great with no problems at all.

Good luck finding a Danson trike but it is a great set if you get a 2010 or newer but get a car tire for the drive tire.

There might be some other stuff I can find.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow that sound like my old 2005 Burgman with a Danson trike set. Broken brackets not more than a month after I had it, fenders cracking, it was a mess. Took it down to Campbellsville Ky had Danny put on a new trike set at no charge. He said the 05 set was a mess and that this set was better, recommended a dark side tire on the rear which I did get when I got back home. Scooter tires do not last long on the drive tire rear.

I sold the trike and bought a 2009 and it was a trinity. It was a mess as well, the back end was a mess. Had a buddy of mine take it all off and re-engineer the entire trike set. Now it is 100% great and put 6000 miles on it and no problems. Took the belt drive off put a chain drive on it. Great. The only problem is the steel fenders crack. Had to take them off get them fixed and after two years this week they did it again. So now ordering Fiberglass fenders from Iowa should be here in three more weeks as I'm going to Lima Ohio for a flat track race at the end of July. A guy last night recommended rubber washers for the fenders so will try that.

Yes both of your trikes sound just like mine. Danson is not good, great concept but too much stress on the back. Trinity went out of business sold to Yellvington and they went out of the trike business now only making reverse trike sets for Harley.

Not sure if they are any companies that make true trike kits for Burgman scooters anymore. Can't be that hard to produce something that works on these bikes. I can't ride a normal two week bike as I have a torn MCL so perfer the Burgman trike and a true trike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info-as I'm finding out, these trike kits have almost no value. The kit is the newer version you talked about since it was on a 2007 650 and there's no visible cracks. I had posted it for sale in the classifieds because I need to get it out of my garage ASAP, but I'm about to junk it for lack of interest.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mr. Smith,

The only value one can get out of this trike is if you find a young rider who has never ride a bike before, a women who is afraid to get on a two wheeler or a senior male that his leg issues that prefers to ride a trike instead of a bike maybe a veteran. My 2005 Burgman with the Danson trike set was a mess. Bought it from a guy in Athens Ohio. The bike itself was salvaged but put back together I really didn't fit as well as it should have liked it would be new. The dash was not tight kind of warped from the weather sitting outside. The motor transmission and all were good paid $5000 for it with the trike set on it and it only had 3000 on the bike. Did I get a deal? Not really as the brackets were talking off all of the time and the drive tire was replaced every $3000 miles untill I bought a dark side tire.

Danny Johnston replaced the set that was on at no charge as he knew the original 2005 set was no good. After the replacement I didn't have any more issues with the trike set but the Burgman was getting worse as the body was deteriorating. It was time to go.

luckily I found an old guy in Indiana who really wanted the bike he didn't want to ride it to try it out he saw it and wanted it and I sold it for $3000 with 10,000 miles on it. You think I would have learned my lesson? No I bought a 2009 Burgman 650 with 5000 miles a Trinity true trike. Again after one month a turning issue. I wanted the bike to go left it wanted to go right. Had my buddy fix it. I went over to his place one day he had the thing apart all over his garage parts like you never seen before. I was I'll said &[email protected]$&# are you going to be able to get this put back together?. He said this trike set us junk. I going to rebuild it. He did never had a issue with the trike set again. Now the problem is the fenders twice they have cracked from road stress. Steel fenders so now putting on fiberglass fenders to see how they work. Far less expensive for sure but will need to paint them in another month. I put a picture of my trike in the post have you named your Burgman.

I paid $12k for the bike I have $7000 in it. Chances are I will have a hard time selling it. Like to get a Can Am or a Goldwing trike next. Only one year away from retirement so we will see how this fender issue hold up if not going to trade it for another trike.

Good luck selling your Burgman. What part of the country are you from. I have a retired guy who lost a couple of fingers who may want to buy your trike. He was going to Akron Ohio to get a Danson trike set a guy was giving away but I know he hasn't gone yet. How much do you want for your trike?

Les

·
Administrator
18,223 Posts
Wsmith, if you were closer I'd take it but have no use for it right now. But the sum of the parts its worth for the mags and tires is all I'd use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mr. Smith,

The only value one can get out of this trike is if you find a young rider who has never ride a bike before, a women who is afraid to get on a two wheeler or a senior male that his leg issues that prefers to ride a trike instead of a bike maybe a veteran. My 2005 Burgman with the Danson trike set was a mess. Bought it from a guy in Athens Ohio. The bike itself was salvaged but put back together I really didn't fit as well as it should have liked it would be new. The dash was not tight kind of warped from the weather sitting outside. The motor transmission and all were good paid $5000 for it with the trike set on it and it only had 3000 on the bike. Did I get a deal? Not really as the brackets were talking off all of the time and the drive tire was replaced every $3000 miles untill I bought a dark side tire.

Danny Johnston replaced the set that was on at no charge as he knew the original 2005 set was no good. After the replacement I didn't have any more issues with the trike set but the Burgman was getting worse as the body was deteriorating. It was time to go.

luckily I found an old guy in Indiana who really wanted the bike he didn't want to ride it to try it out he saw it and wanted it and I sold it for $3000 with 10,000 miles on it. You think I would have learned my lesson? No I bought a 2009 Burgman 650 with 5000 miles a Trinity true trike. Again after one month a turning issue. I wanted the bike to go left it wanted to go right. Had my buddy fix it. I went over to his place one day he had the thing apart all over his garage parts like you never seen before. I was I'll said &[email protected]$&# are you going to be able to get this put back together?. He said this trike set us junk. I going to rebuild it. He did never had a issue with the trike set again. Now the problem is the fenders twice they have cracked from road stress. Steel fenders so now putting on fiberglass fenders to see how they work. Far less expensive for sure but will need to paint them in another month. I put a picture of my trike in the post have you named your Burgman.

I paid $12k for the bike I have $7000 in it. Chances are I will have a hard time selling it. Like to get a Can Am or a Goldwing trike next. Only one year away from retirement so we will see how this fender issue hold up if not going to trade it for another trike.

Good luck selling your Burgman. What part of the country are you from. I have a retired guy who lost a couple of fingers who may want to buy your trike. He was going to Akron Ohio to get a Danson trike set a guy was giving away but I know he hasn't gone yet. How much do you want for your trike?

Les
Les, I’m near Joliet, IL. It is just the trike parts for sale. I’m keeping the Burgman. Let me know if this would help your friend. Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got it, he has a free Danson set up in Akron the guy has been holding it for him since January all he has to do is go get it. He wants me to go up with him to get it but i work he is retired.

I told him the Danson set isn't worth the effort to put on. Been there done that. He would need a dark side tire then hope that the brackets hold up.

·
Premium Member
2,845 Posts
He wants me to go up with him to get it but i work he is retired.
If your buddy is a good friend help him set up an account here....Showing a Burgman Buddy to BUSA should score a lifetime of free beers.

Reactions: Dave_J
1 - 13 of 13 Posts