Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plugged the plastic tube like everyone else and I still have the whistle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now what???????? Any body have any ideas?

·
Registered
355 Posts
What whistle??? What plastic tube????

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Some 650s have a whistle from the windshield at certain speeds.

Mine never whistled until one night a few weeks ago when I washed it at a coin-op car wash. The hot water must have slightly warped the windshield, because I got the whistle at 40MPH.

It was really loud! I'd heard about it before, but had no idea just how bad it was. By pushing forward on the upper lip of the windshield just 1/2 inch, the whistle stopped.

In my case, the next day the whistle was gone. Just a temporary fluctuation.

But therein lies the cause: minor variations in the windshields can lead to major differences. And therein, too, lies the fix: try shimming the windshield. It shouldn't take much of a change to fix it, and experimenting by pushing and pulling the screen while riding will tell you which way to go.

HTH.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
da whistle

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll try pushing or pulling the shield.
It may be a moot point anyway as I'm probably going to get a clearview or a givi shield.
I got my blue 650 a week ago and I like it so much I sold my R100R BMW.
Now that's saying something for the ride, power, and handling quality.
No more "spread eagle" over a motor for me!
Jim Ceriale
:lol:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: Suggestion

Chuck in NC said:
Suggest you never wash your scooter with a high pressure hose at a car wash.
I do it at least twice a month, more often when I'm riding during bug season. Been doing it for years on every vehicle I've owned. 10,012 miles on my 650 in the last 11 months, and not a single problem of any kind (other than the left mirror housing falling off in the first week -- dealer replaced it at no charge).

No problems with car washes, as long as you keep the high-pressure stream away from the radiator and wheel bearings, and use some common sense everywhere.

·
Registered
761 Posts
my windshield whines at speeds around 30mph. I figure this is just a factor of all the holes and gaps in the front of the bike.

No big whoop

course, I also know that the shield will be replaced soon by a xxl clearview.

·
Registered
201 Posts
May I suggest the use of foam rubber gasket between the shield and its frame. This would cushion the shield and seal any gaps. Just my .02

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
PRico02 said:
May I suggest the use of foam rubber gasket between the shield and its frame. This would cushion the shield and seal any gaps. Just my .02
I did that with the stock shield. I bought some foam at the hardware store that was designed for sealing window air conditioners. It fit perfectly.

I didn't do it because of a whistle, but more to keep road dust off of the dash. It should work for the whistle problem too though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts