Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have Burgman 650 K3 2003. In this model year there seems to be problems with CVT breaks! My Burgman has been ridden 57000 km. I had DIESEL SOUND in my Burgman and that is why I put that STOP DIESEL SOUND ADAPTER KIT in my Burgman and changed PRIMARY PULLEY STOPPER BOLT too. What do you think, is my scooter safe now? Do you know if there has been fatal accidents by these belt breaks?
Is it so that I do not have to change the belt, if my scooter works fine now? Suzuki says that the belt is for life time...

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
The bike just free wheels so no worries about anything when the belt breaks. It's more likely to go between 50,000-75,000 miles. It's a wear item that will at some point need replacement. The Polish adapter does wonders and I have it on my '03. As long as the CVT input bearing looked ok when the adapter was upgraded and there is no bearing noise (rrrrrrr) then you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
If the belt breaks it should not cause the bike to crash. You will just loose power to the rear wheel. When mine broke my bike just coasted to a stop. That might be an issue if you are on a busy road and have problems getting to a safe place to stop but other than that you should be OK.

The belts do not last the life of the bike. They generally will wear out at somewhere between 75,000 and 90,000 miles (120,000 to 145,00 km). Mine was at 84,000 miles (135,000 km) when it broke.

·
Administrator
18,742 Posts
I think the only way to crash when the belt breaks is if you were going VERY fast in a corner dragging tupperware/center stand parts. With the sudden loss of power it may just lay down and low side slide. At 35,500 miles (57,000 Km) I would not be worried, just ride and keep smiling.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Just out of curiosity what did your old stopper bolt look like when you took it out? If it was not too banged up I don't think you need to worry about. Especially now you put the Polish adapter in. This is just my opinion from reading what people have posted here on this forum. Also welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. Thank You all of your answers! I think I can ride now with peaceful mind!
The stopper bolt was not in a very poor condition -only a little worn.
I hope same to you all! Keep smiling and keep riding!

Ari

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Ok. Thank You all of your answers! I think I can ride now with peaceful mind!
The stopper bolt was not in a very poor condition -only a little worn.
I hope same to you all! Keep smiling and keep riding!

Ari
It ma help in future problems if you tell us where you are. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts