Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Suzuki Bergman 650.
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ,I am trying to take the cvt off my 2007 650 .I want to anyone who has done this before if it would be fine if I used heat on primery pully bolt to free up the lock-tight ? I don't want to mess up any sealed bearings inside.

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
It will take a lot of heat to get down to the threads 8 inches deep. Most of the heat will wick into the adapter first. Not a good idea.

A good impact should rattle it free. I used a 12 inch long extension with a 15mm socket and my NAPA hand impact.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Camera lens Ruler Font

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Grind some flats on the correct size socket to hold the outer nut think it is 32mm but could be wrong. Dave J confirm please 🙏
Hold this in place with a pipe wrench. Pass the extension bar 6" long through it and add a correct size socket for the pp bolt.
Hold the pipe wrench and undo the pp bolt. Most of us whom have done cvt's use this method. Dave J may even have photos.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
This might help as well

·
Premium Member
17,869 Posts
Maccceht has good advise on cvt's he and a couple others got me through the belt change on mine a lot easier qand better than the procedures in the service manual.

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
But the Locktite, if used, from the factory should NOT be Red. Blue is what I'd recommend.

If red was used, you will not get 500F Degrees all the way down that 8 inch long bolt as the heat will still wick into the Primary Adapter and into the flywheel inside the engine. You'd need to cut the bolt head off and pull the CVT out to put the heat right on the bolt near the threads.

·
Premium Member
14,352 Posts
Grind some flats on the correct size socket to hold the outer nut think it is 32mm but could be wrong. Dave J confirm please 🙏
Hold this in place with a pipe wrench. Pass the extension bar 6" long through it and add a correct size socket for the pp bolt.
Hold the pipe wrench and undo the pp bolt. Most of us whom have done cvt's use this method. Dave J may even have photos.
This is what that setup will look like. I used it the first time I pulled the CVT on my 07. The last couple of time I have pulled one I have just used an impact wrench. A lot quicker. I still use this setup to torque the bolt when I reassemble.
Red Gas Auto part Household hardware Font

1 - 9 of 9 Posts