Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
18,358 Posts
Turbo, try to roll the back tire. Don't think it will move but worth a try.

I wonder if you can turn it from the Primary Pulley Sensor (PPS) hole?

Buffalo or LeDude may come on soon.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Turbo the problem you have is the primary pulley is sitting on a shim and a rubber O ring which are putting the pulley under slight compression. The stopper bolt stops it spinning when power is supplied. If it wont turn and a thin screwdriver wont move it the only option I can think of is CVT off. Others have been lucky and it only spun a little allowing them to get a screwdriver into the slot and realign it your seems to have gone to far for this. Maybe other options from the other members but I cant think of any. This is what your CVT looks like inside. The gold disc is the primary pulley.

·
Premium Member
14,229 Posts
Not sure what to tell you on this one, That sheet metal piece with the slot in it spins freely on the pulley shaft and is not directly connected to it. Movement would only be caused by drag in the bearing. Don't think turning the shaft by hand will put enough drag on it to make it turn. With the engine running the shaft is moving fast enough that it will probably start spinning but not turning the shaft by hand.

Only way I know of to turn it would be to put something like a screwdriver up in the stopper bolt hole and work it around. The screwdriver is probably going to slip on the outside of the piece as much as it moves it. Maybe try something like the eraser end of a pencil that would get a little more purchase. Going to be a slow process as you will only be able to move it a very small distance each time.

Past that the only option is to pull the CVT, take it apart, get the slot position correctly, and then put it all back together. A big job.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
780 Posts
Something pointy like a metal scribing tool or sharpen the end of an old welding rod. Something stiff thin sharp and strong that can provide leverage

21 - 25 of 25 Posts