Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 06 burgman 650 22,000 miles on it had it for about 3 yrs now never had a problem till last week f1 light came on switching funny the problem would stop an go but got worst no noise or raddleing no metal grinding none of that scooter sounds good checked the shaft stop bolt head of it was beat up bad i jus ordered one waiting for it to come in but i looked inside the hole an the slot that the bolt goes in moved how do i align that back up with out taking off the cvt i jus have to align back up put bolt on an i should be good

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome. There was one chap on here recently who managed to wriggle his back using a thin screwdriver in the hole. Not an easy task also depends how far it has moved and has it done any damage

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the replys ive been on the internet looking real hard to see what to do in my case ive tried sticking something in there being as careful as i can but no luck i turned on the scooter for no more than 5 min to see if i can get it to move an it did but i dont know if by doing that i dont want to mess nothing up and like maccecht said i dont know how far it went or what direction to go

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Don’t feel down somebody here will know what to do ? We have the Best Burgman Brains in the world here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks DarisPakar. I'm itching to ride it again thats what me an my wife crusie around with. I also have a 06 hayabusa but dont use it much just sits in the garage, lol. But I know I'll get the answer here, thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Let’s get the B650 running and then turn that Hayabusa into a B400 for the wife .... To teach and set free someone on two wheels is something that normal mortals can only dream of .

·
Registered
960 Posts
Take the cover cap of the primary pulley bolt and turn it hopefully it will turn the pulley enough to line up the slot. Pretty sure you turn it clockwise but someone will be along shortly to confirm. Extra pair of hands will be needed and a decent torch. Turn slowly or you will miss the slot.
Hopefully no damage has occurred when it turned previously

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Torch is Flashlight for us modern Americans 🤣

You scared me maccecht and maybe him.

Reactions: maccecht and Dave_J

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
This may take a bit of work but should be easy. As Maccecht said above.
On the left side is a cover for the Primary Adapter bolt. It is held on with two 10mm bolts. The inside bolt is a 15mm I think, may be a 17mm. You have a 2006 so this bolt should be checked too. It is a major issue on mostly 2006 650's. I'll post that like below.

While under the CVT stopper bolts hole, with a flame free 'torch' or flashlight, in yank slang, have someone slowly and I mean S L O W L Y turn that bolt counter clockwise to align the slot in the stopper hole. You can bump it slightly counter-clockwise if you need to bump the slot back but do not turn it much backwards or it may mess with the timing chain tensioner.

Diesel or Not.jpg

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
Follow this link after you figure out the Stopper Bolt alignment issue above. As I said it seems that about 10 members that have 2006 650's have had this issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
🤣🤣🤣thanks guys will do DarisPakar im gonna turn that hayabusa into a harley street glide lol she wants a can am ryker so that would be perfect for that way we can take the kids with us to.Dave_J im gonna give that a try an pray for the best ill post up pics an keeping ull updated on the progress the bolt should be in tomorrow but im about to go mess with it now thanks again guys i really appreciate the help🤝

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Don’t feel down somebody here will know what to do ? We have the Best Burgman Brains in the world here.
See what I told ya....you got our International Best working with ya now...Hurry up and get it fixed so these guys can get back to their workbench and finish the Covid-19 cure 🤣

When they’re not working on the big stuff they party and sleep at the Holiday Inn Express.🤣

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
🤣🤣🤣ok im doin wut u guys said to do nothing is happening i have my brother wrench the bolt slowely an im under the stopper hole nothing is turning

·
Registered
960 Posts
Put some correction fluid we call it tippex or a mark you can see on the drive in the hole that way you can see if anything moves

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ive been under the whole before he even turned it nothin we been here 15 20 min nothing yet i hope this is not bad news

·
Registered
960 Posts
Well if it's not moving sadly it will be CVT off time. Not a 5 minute job. Can be done in a day if you have the time.
I had to replace my primary pulley recently. I removed the CVT by lifting the frame

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
maccecht does your screen name have anything to do with Irish Mythology?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts