Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Getting through the broken English there doesn't seem to be any useful information there and as expected inaccuracies (2010 model?). Would have been nice to have a comprehensive survey of owners but then again most owners wouldn't know the exact cause of a failure just that the trans failed.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
This article is citing the stopper bolt as the crux of the problem, when in reality something else is afoot and the worn stopper bolt is a symptom. There can be no doubt however, that when the stopper bolt 'let's go' then the CVT is screwed.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
MJR said:
Getting through the broken English there doesn't seem to be any useful information there and as expected inaccuracies (2010 model?).
I think the rest of the world had 2010s. Check Norman's year model.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
roy_ryall said:
I think the rest of the world had 2010s. Check Norman's year model.
He mentioned they listed one internationally on the web but I wouldn't know here in the US. :)

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
MJR said:
Getting through the broken English there doesn't seem to be any useful information there and as expected inaccuracies (2010 model?). Would have been nice to have a comprehensive survey of owners but then again most owners wouldn't know the exact cause of a failure just that the trans failed.
Add to that the fact that the motorcycle manufacturers don't track maintenance stats quite as well as car manufacturers do. Partly due to shorter warranties.

I doubt Suzi has the full data on failure rates.

I'd love it if they did. I bet if consumer reports did bikes the Burgman would be average or slightly below for reliability. It'd be POOR for maintenance cost (all the Tupperware, CVT cost, etc).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts